• 27(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
Hello,

On my Nvidia Shield, I succeded to map the "up" and "down" key on the remote control, but the speed is also limitated to "x1.5".

I edited the file
Code:
/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

and added
Code:
<video>
<maxtempo>2</maxtempo>
</video>
but it's still limited to "x1.5".

Since wich version is this meant to work?

Best regards,
Quote:I succeded to map the "up" and "down" key on the remote control
I think the up/down keys already mapped to advance/rewind in video player?  This reminds me to discuss a suggestion for the developers:

Most of the remote control devices which Kodi supports have a PageUp/PageDown key.  These keys serve a useful purpose when navigating lists, but they do not have a unique function in the video player context.  I propose that in the next version these keys should be mapped by default to the tempo control when video player is active, so the speed multiplier in YouTube (etc) can be activated through the remote without any manual configuration.
(2019-01-09, 22:54)scott967 Wrote: tempoUP/DOWN isn't the only use for "sync playback" so it would need a new setting to provide the "auto" feature you want.

scott s.
I suspected as much, but it would still be a nice addition.
For that matter, it would be great if 'pause' didn't require a double tap while in tempoup or tempodown.  I see why Kodi doesn't, but it's not intuitive.
Quote:I think the up/down keys already mapped to advance/rewind in video player?  This reminds me to discuss a suggestion for the developers:

Most of the remote control devices which Kodi supports have a PageUp/PageDown key.  These keys serve a useful purpose when navigating lists, but they do not have a unique function in the video player context.  I propose that in the next version these keys should be mapped by default to the tempo control when video player is active, so the speed multiplier in YouTube (etc) can be activated through the remote without any manual configuration.

On my remote I have the pageup/pagedown mapped as next and previous track since the remote doesn't have a key for that.
The Up and Down are by default +/- 10 minutes, something I find fairly useless since a few extra right/left taps do the same job.

Of course there is always mod="longpress" to give you some additional options on where to map the functions.
(2019-01-16, 00:42)Landstander Wrote: For that matter, it would be great if 'pause' didn't require a double tap while in tempoup or tempodown. 
I've noticed the same. It also causes problems if you try to skip ahead while at a faster tempo.
Tempo change works great on my PC and Android TV. But how can I use (or map) tempoup/tempodown on Android tablet (or phone), where I don't have keyboard, mouse and remote control?
(2019-01-25, 13:59)sveix Wrote: Tempo change works great on my PC and Android TV. But how can I use (or map) tempoup/tempodown on Android tablet (or phone), where I don't have keyboard, mouse and remote control?
 I would think you need to skin buttons for the video OSD.

scott s.
(2019-01-25, 21:57)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-01-25, 13:59)sveix Wrote: Tempo change works great on my PC and Android TV. But how can I use (or map) tempoup/tempodown on Android tablet (or phone), where I don't have keyboard, mouse and remote control?
 I would think you need to skin buttons for the video OSD.

scott s.
 Thanks for advice. Can you tell how exactly it could be done?
Need to know what skin you are using and I will take a look.  VideoOSD.xml is the file that needs to be modified.  My only tablet for testing is back on Android 4 so can't run current Kodi vers.

scott s.
(2019-01-27, 01:43)scott967 Wrote: Need to know what skin you are using and I will take a look.  VideoOSD.xml is the file that needs to be modified.  My only tablet for testing is back on Android 4 so can't run current Kodi vers.

scott s.
 I'm using default skin. Maybe you can tell what code needs to be added to this VideoOSD.xml file?
Managed to get the tempoup and tempodown working, as well we increasing the max tempo to 2x speed which is great, however seem to be having major audio sync issues with anything over 1.5x?

Previously on v17 and max 1.5 tempo the sync would be perfect. now it seems to run ahead by half a second.

Any idea if this might be issues with v18 rc of kodi, or issues with the max tempo function in the range of 1.5-2x speeds?

Running v18 rc5 on android (generic and shield boxes).

Thanks
(2019-01-27, 15:02)tixx Wrote: Managed to get the tempoup and tempodown working, as well we increasing the max tempo to 2x speed which is great, however seem to be having major audio sync issues with anything over 1.5x?

Previously on v17 and max 1.5 tempo the sync would be perfect. now it seems to run ahead by half a second.

Any idea if this might be issues with v18 rc of kodi, or issues with the max tempo function in the range of 1.5-2x speeds?

Running v18 rc5 on android (generic and shield boxes).

Thanks
 How extactly did you get 2x speed?
I tried on all devices - PC, Tablet and Android TV, and can't get speed over 1.5x.
I made file advancedsettings.xml with this code in it:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<maxtempo>2.1</maxtempo>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
File is located correctly in userdata folder. What am I doing wrong?
(2019-01-27, 13:52)sveix Wrote:
(2019-01-27, 01:43)scott967 Wrote: Need to know what skin you are using and I will take a look.  VideoOSD.xml is the file that needs to be modified.  My only tablet for testing is back on Android 4 so can't run current Kodi vers.

scott s.
 I'm using default skin. Maybe you can tell what code needs to be added to this VideoOSD.xml file?  
 I'm assuming "default" means Estuary, not Estouchy.  If so, I did a quick mod to Estuary.  Thinking about it, though, it might be hard to modify files in the default "addon" folder of Kodi on Android.  So I created a skin mod of Estuary instead that you can install as a user addon (Estuary_tempo).  I don't have touch screen on this system so you will need to test it for me.  Here is a screenie of a playing video and the Video OSD showing.  The "+" and "-" buttons control the tempoup/tempodown.  If the buttons don't show, it means that video doesn't have the ability to change tempo.

So here is a complete skin as a zip which can be installed (current as of Kodi 18.0 official release):

https://github.com/scott967/xbmc/release..._tempo.zip

After installing, go to settings / interface / skin and select Estuary tempo from the list of installed skins.  Note that you will have create new skin settings for the mod (though it is possible to copy the settings.xml file from addon_data/skin.estuary into skin.estuary_tempo and it should work).

scott s.
(2019-01-30, 05:52)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-01-27, 13:52)sveix Wrote:

scott s.
 I'm assuming "default" means Estuary, not Estouchy.  If so, I did a quick mod to Estuary.  Thinking about it, though, it might be hard to modify files in the default "addon" folder of Kodi on Android.  So I created a skin mod of Estuary instead that you can install as a user addon (Estuary_tempo).  I don't have touch screen on this system so you will need to test it for me.  Here is a screenie of a playing video and the Video OSD showing.  The "+" and "-" buttons control the tempoup/tempodown.  If the buttons don't show, it means that video doesn't have the ability to change tempo.

So here is a complete skin as a zip which can be installed (current as of Kodi 18.0 official release):

https://github.com/scott967/xbmc/release..._tempo.zip

After installing, go to settings / interface / skin and select Estuary tempo from the list of installed skins.  Note that you will have create new skin settings for the mod (though it is possible to copy the settings.xml file from addon_data/skin.estuary into skin.estuary_tempo and it should work).

scott s.
 Wow, that's so great! Very big thanks for you!!
I reccomend this skin to everyone, who wants to use speed change, but don't know how to write right code in xml.
(2019-01-27, 18:52)sveix Wrote:
(2019-01-27, 15:02)tixx Wrote:  
I tried on all devices - PC, Tablet and Android TV, and can't get speed over 1.5x.
I made file advancedsettings.xml with this code in it:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<maxtempo>2.1</maxtempo>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
File is located correctly in userdata folder. What am I doing wrong? 
After updating Kodi to official v18, suddenly tempo change appeared to 2x.
(2016-10-31, 03:46)18000rpm Wrote: FYI if you want to use"[" and "]" to change the playback speed like in VLC you need to use this keymap:

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<opensquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempodown)</opensquarebracket>
<closesquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempoup)</closesquarebracket>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
<VideoMenu>
<keyboard>
<opensquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempodown)</opensquarebracket>
<closesquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempoup)</closesquarebracket>
</keyboard>
</VideoMenu>
</keymap>

Putting these under <global> will not work because the default actions for "[" and "]" are defined under <FullscreenVideo> and <VideoMenu>.
 This isn't working for me on Kodi 18 from the Microsoft Store. I'm placing keyboard.xml under:
 C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\userdata\keymaps

I haven't tried it on a *standard* install of Kodi 18 yet, but it *was* working for me on a standard install of Kodi 17. In the meantime, I'll try a standard install of Kodi 18. (See Edit below.)

One other, tangential, thing that I noticed is that the *default* actions for the open square bracket and close square bracket seem to be in the *reverse* order from what I'd intuitively expect. See here for the defaults: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml

So, I would *expect* BigStepBack to be the open square bracket, and BigStepForward to be the close square bracket, because the open square bracket is on the left, and close square bracket is on the right.

Anyway, I'm more interested in getting these keys remapped to control the tempo like I had in Kodi 17, but I just thought I'd also mention that about the defaults being unintuitive.

Edit: I've since tried it on a standard install of Kodi 18 (64-bit) on Windows, and the keymap also doesn't work there.

Edit 2: Needed "Sync playback to display" enabled, that got it working again in Videos. For some reason, it's no longer working in TV recordings from PVR WMC, but will contact KrustyReturns about that.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11