• 28(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
On my android TV, v18 Leia is now official.  Pausing from TempoUp/Down now requires a single tap, and play resumes at the last used speed.
Also, skipping ahead and back during a changed tempo doesn't seem to have problems anymore.
I need to try getting faster than 1.5x running next.
(2019-02-05, 09:49)Landstander Wrote: On my android TV, v18 Leia is now official.  Pausing from TempoUp/Down now requires a single tap, and play resumes at the last used speed.
Also, skipping ahead and back during a changed tempo doesn't seem to have problems anymore.
 That's great to hear. Now I just have to have someone show me how to get the keymapping to work on Windows so I can try it out. (Is it just the square bracket keys that are broken for keymapping on 18?)
good to see you got it working.

I had to do a complete reset, and start from scratch. copied the advancedsettings as mentioned earlier. I had keymap issues, seems the reset fixed that.
I had lots of mapping issues on android. Had to reset kodi and start from scratch which seemed to work. might be the same in windows?
I was starting from scratch on Windows and it still didn't work. Hopefully someone knows what changed.
(2019-01-30, 05:52)scott967 Wrote: https://github.com/scott967/xbmc/release..._tempo.zip

Thank you very scott. I was looking for this since 2016.
In case the skin will be updated in future releases, all I have to do is add

Code:
                    <control type="radiobutton" id="607">
                        <include content="OSDButton">
                            <param name="texture" value="osd/fullscreen/buttons/osd_menu_tempoup.png"/>
                        </include>
                        <onclick>PlayerControl(tempoup)</onclick>
                        <visible>Player.TempoEnabled</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="radiobutton" id="608">
                            <param name="texture" value="osd/fullscreen/buttons/osd_menu_tempodown.png"/>
                        </include>
                        <onclick>PlayerControl(tempodown)</onclick>
                    </control>

in VideoOSD.xml and copy the .png files acordingly or is there something else I should pay attention to?
(2019-02-05, 17:16)mmortal03 Wrote:
(2019-02-05, 09:49)Landstander Wrote: On my android TV, v18 Leia is now official.  Pausing from TempoUp/Down now requires a single tap, and play resumes at the last used speed.
 That's great to hear. Now I just have to have someone show me how to get the keymapping to work on Windows so I can try it out. (Is it just the square bracket keys that are broken for keymapping on 18?)  
Of course that might be tied to a new bug: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337915
While in tempoup or tempodown the only way to return to normal speed is to hit the key that speeds up or or slows down until you return to 1x.
Play or pause/play will not resume normal playback any more.
(2019-02-09, 09:46)JyVLZWBh3BJ Wrote:
(2019-01-30, 05:52)scott967 Wrote: https://github.com/scott967/xbmc/release..._tempo.zip

Thank you very scott. I was looking for this since 2016.
In case the skin will be updated in future releases, all I have to do is add

Code:
                    <control type="radiobutton" id="607">
                            <param name="texture" value="osd/fullscreen/buttons/osd_menu_tempoup.png"/>
                        </include>
                        <onclick>PlayerControl(tempoup)</onclick>
                    </control>
                    <control type="radiobutton" id="608">
                            <param name="texture" value="osd/fullscreen/buttons/osd_menu_tempodown.png"/>
                        </include>
                        <onclick>PlayerControl(tempodown)</onclick>
                    </control>

in VideoOSD.xml and copy the .png files acordingly or is there something else I should pay attention to? 
 No. since the question was about an Android platform version of Kodi, I was concerned that it might be difficult for users to access the Esutary files directly since they aren't in the "userdata" area.  So instead of just posting the modified file and new icons I rolled a skin mod so users could just install it from zip and not need access to Estuary itself.  For users that can get at the Kodi files, replacing the files with modified ones is fine, just remember if you take an update to Kodi you will lose the mods.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2019-02-09, 11:20)Landstander Wrote:
(2019-02-05, 17:16)mmortal03 Wrote:
Of course that might be tied to a new bug: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337915
While in tempoup or tempodown the only way to return to normal speed to hit the key to speed up or or slow down until you return to 1x.
Play or pause/play will not resume normal playback.     
 Is it? I was told above that that issue, as it pertains to tempo, was fixed. Interesting that it also affects ff and rw. My current problem, as you saw, is that I can't even map the tempo up and down to the square brackets in 18. I'm about to try mapping them to other keys, to see if it is specific to the square brackets.

Edit: I've also tried mapping to the minus and equals keys, but they also don't do anything. It's as if it takes over whatever the keys default functions are, but then doesn't do anything.

Edit 2: "sync playback to display" is enabled, still doesn't work.

Edit 3: "Sync playback to display" gets it working on Videos, but not TV recordings. Must be something with the PVR WMC client? It was working in 17. I'll contact KrustyReturns.
(2019-02-09, 21:30)mmortal03 Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 11:20)Landstander Wrote:
(2019-02-05, 17:16)mmortal03 Wrote:  That's great to hear. Now I just have to have someone show me how to get the keymapping to work on Windows so I can try it out. (Is it just the square bracket keys that are broken for keymapping on 18?)      
While in tempoup or tempodown the only way to return to normal speed to hit the key to speed up or or slow down until you return to 1x.
Play or pause/play will not resume normal playback.       
 Is it? I was told above that that issue, as it pertains to tempo, was fixed. Interesting that it also affects ff and rw. My current problem, as you saw, is that I can't even map the tempo up and down to the square brackets in 18. I'm about to try mapping them to other keys, to see if it is specific to the square brackets.

Edit: I've also tried mapping to the minus and equals keys, but they also don't do anything. It's as if it takes over whatever the keys default functions are, but then doesn't do anything.

Edit 2: "sync playback to display" is enabled, still doesn't work.

Edit 3: "Sync playback to display" gets it working on Videos, but not TV recordings. Must be something with the PVR WMC client? It was working in 17. I'll contact KrustyReturns.  
You should post your XML.  It sounds like you might be missing some tags.  To clarify, it looks like the code previously recommended to you will ONLY work in fullscreen mode.
My XML is literally the quoted XML. Smile Regarding the fullscreen idea, I thought of that, but I've always used Windowed mode, and it still worked in 17.6, so "Fullscreen" simply means something different in this context. Anyway, it seems to only be an issue with the PVR WMC add-on, so I've got a workaround for now (just share the same videos to the Video section).
Is there some way to intergrate speed change also for audio files?
It would be very useful for listening some speach, lectrures or audio books.
I tried to implemet it in MusicOSD.xml, but seems that this function not working there.
Also for me would be important to get working Volume Amplification (VolAmpUp, VolAmpDown) in Music section, cause these audio files are in different loudness.
Is there possibility to do that?
Cause if it can work for video files, then for audio it must be even easier.
(2019-02-11, 21:53)sveix Wrote: Is there some way to intergrate speed change also for audio files?
It would be very useful for listening some speach, lectrures or audio books.
I tried to implemet it in MusicOSD.xml, but seems that this function not working there.
Also for me would be important to get working Volume Amplification (VolAmpUp, VolAmpDown) in Music section, cause these audio files are in different loudness.
Is there possibility to do that?
Cause if it can work for video files, then for audio it must be even easier.
 It already works.  Either do "play using" videoplayer on an individual audio, or in advancedsettings add:
Code:
<audio>
        <defaultplayer>videoplayer</defaultplayer>
</audio>
to have it for all music.

For volume amp, I think using replay gain tags in audio is the implemented method to do that.  (That works in AE, not videoplayer).

Update:  also you have to do a keymap for the  <visualisation> window for Playercontrol(tempoup) (and down)

scott s.
(2019-02-12, 21:08)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-02-11, 21:53)sveix Wrote:  It already works. 
Thank you very much! I did like you said, and tempo change is now working for audio too! 
But unfortunately VolAmpUp, VolAmpDown functions still not working for audio. It's important for me to get exactly this audio compression function, not replay gain, cause I need dynamic volume change also during one audio track not only the gain change between different tracks. Maybe there is some other way that Kodi can treat audio file as video file?
(2019-02-13, 13:47)sveix Wrote: Thank you very much! I did like you said, and tempo change is now working for audio too! 
But unfortunately VolAmpUp, VolAmpDown functions still not working for audio. It's important for me to get exactly this audio compression function, not replay gain, cause I need dynamic volume change also during one audio track not only the gain change between different tracks. Maybe there is some other way that Kodi can treat audio file as video file? 

Tried some tricks but couldn't get Kodi to play audio only file in full screen video window. That's the only way I can think of to get to those audio settings.

scott s.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11