• 29(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
Any ideas on why the audio sync is delayed on speeds at 1.5 - 2?

Also, is it possible to map 'sync playback to display' to a key? so i can toggle it during playback rather than going into the settings menus.

Thanks
(2019-02-15, 14:20)tixx Wrote: Any ideas on why the audio sync is delayed on speeds at 1.5 - 2?

Without knowing the answer to this question you should not edit advancedsettings Smile
(2019-02-15, 19:47)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2019-02-15, 14:20)tixx Wrote: Any ideas on why the audio sync is delayed on speeds at 1.5 - 2?
 Without knowing the answer to this question you should not edit advancedsettings Smile 
I've seen issues with audio sync even at the defaults of 1.1x to 1.5x, so it's not just the higher speeds, though it might get worse at higher speeds.
yep looks like it happens even on the lower speeds. 1.1+

this didnt used to be the case, fernetmenta any help would be appreciated Smile
(2019-02-15, 14:20)tixx Wrote: Also, is it possible to map 'sync playback to display' to a key? so i can toggle it during playback rather than going into the settings menus.

Another request:
Kodi does proper resolution switching but with speedup and speeddown a different behavior is necessary. For example, a movie that should run as 23.976 fps is prone to stuttering or skipping when speedup is activated. Playback would be much smoother if fps were always set to 60 fps when speedup is activated. In my tests, this setting provides the best playback experience.
Is it possible to implement speeds below 1x for slow motion playback?
Anyone notice that FFW x2 is playing with audio now?
Even if sync with player option is not enabled?

Anyone know how that has been implemented, is it a different method? and can it be applied lower speeds? e.g. 0.5, 0.75, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 and 2.0?
# Unwanted doubleposting
I only noticed in the last weeks that when speed up is activated, and I use skipping it takes the video a very long time to recover. After skipping I usually get a freeze frame and audio continues for some 10-15 secs and the video recovers. Sometimes, it doesn't recover at all but resets to play from start. That should never happen, obviously.

Maybe the buffer needs to be treated differently when speed up is active.
(2019-03-29, 14:10)tixx Wrote: Anyone notice that FFW x2 is playing with audio now?
Even if sync with player option is not enabled?

Anyone know how that has been implemented, is it a different method? and can it be applied lower speeds? e.g. 0.5, 0.75, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 and 2.0?
no one notice this?
I used the Backup addon to dump my TV's Kodi setup to a USB stick.  Added a new file "advancedsettings.xml" to the backup folder/userdata.
The file only contained:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<maxtempo>2</maxtempo>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

When I returned the stick to my TV and selected 'Restore' from the Backup addon, it told me I needed to restore the advanced settings first and then reload Kodi.  I did, and didn't bother to do the rest of the restore later since all I wanted was the advanced settings.

I now can stretch to 2x playback, but I am using the Confluence skin so after 1.5x on my GUI the speed goes blank, even though it runs faster.
Anyone have skin suggestions to get Confluence to display the actual speed?

Edit 2: Found this information for each tempo step under DialogSeekBar.xml...
<control type="image">
                    <left>45</left>
                    <top>4</top>
                    <width>40</width>
                    <height>40</height>
                    <texture>OSD1.5x.png</texture>
                    <visible>String.IsEqual(Player.PlaySpeed,1.50)</visible>
                </control>

I tried adding additional steps, but no luck (as I expected).  I don't know if there is OSD2.0x.png (etc.) somewhere. The ones already referenced (0.8-1.5) aren't in the backup folders or anywhere else I can access.

Also, the MaxTempo needs to be "2.1" not "2.0".  I guess it's a rounding error(?)  Otherwise your top speed is 1.9x
Would it be possible to continue watching another episode at the same tempo when using play next. I asked up next plugin developer but he says this should be a kodi internal function instead of the plugin.
@FernetMenta This here feature is something I use very often to optimize the little free time I have to watch stuff in a more compressed way, thank you very much!

If you have the time, could you take a look at forward skipping and buffering? The most annoying thing to happen is when I tap forward 4x to get a 3 min jump, then immediately tap 4x again, the video play position resets itself to 0 and starts again from there. Also, when skipping forward is successful, the video has a hard time recovering when in speed-up mode. Very often, during 15 secs or more, only sound is heard while the video is frozen. Sometimes it only recovers after I do a single-tap backward skip (10 secs).

Thanks in advance!
@HeresJohnny

FYI FernetMenta left the project due to personal reasons a little while ago. I doubt you will receive a response.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11