• 30(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
Is there a way to disable the OSD shown during the faster video playback ?
(2019-05-16, 02:03)Landstander Wrote: I used the Backup addon to dump my TV's Kodi setup to a USB stick.  Added a new file "advancedsettings.xml" to the backup folder/userdata.
The file only contained:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<maxtempo>2</maxtempo>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

When I returned the stick to my TV and selected 'Restore' from the Backup addon, it told me I needed to restore the advanced settings first and then reload Kodi.  I did, and didn't bother to do the rest of the restore later since all I wanted was the advanced settings.

I now can stretch to 2x playback, but I am using the Confluence skin so after 1.5x on my GUI the speed goes blank, even though it runs faster.
Anyone have skin suggestions to get Confluence to display the actual speed?

Edit 2: Found this information for each tempo step under DialogSeekBar.xml...
<control type="image">
                    <left>45</left>
                    <top>4</top>
                    <width>40</width>
                    <height>40</height>
                    <texture>OSD1.5x.png</texture>
                    <visible>String.IsEqual(Player.PlaySpeed,1.50)</visible>
                </control>

I tried adding additional steps, but no luck (as I expected).  I don't know if there is OSD2.0x.png (etc.) somewhere. The ones already referenced (0.8-1.5) aren't in the backup folders or anywhere else I can access.

Also, the MaxTempo needs to be "2.1" not "2.0".  I guess it's a rounding error(?)  Otherwise your top speed is 1.9x
I created some new pngs for a Plex Kodi addon that used the confluence pngs as a starting point. You can grab OSD1.6 thru 2.0 from my github repo and copy them to your local install (your location will be different for the confluence plugin):
https://github.com/worldjoe/plex-for-kod...cript.plex
Joseph Elwell.
I'm using standalone Kodi on my Linux box. I'm experiencing very unstable seeking and heavy a/v sync issues when tempo is changed. I noticed that unsync somewhat correlates with video bitrate, which is unsurprising.
I saw back in this thread that people had these issues as well, but then claimed that they are gone now.
My Kodi version is 18.5 (latest from Archlinux/Manjaro repo), but these issues render Kodi almost unusable for me. If that matters, GPU is integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega 8.
The same happens on my desktop (all the same, but GPU is AMD Radeon RX 480)
Hey guys is this feature available by default in the latest or any Kodi?

Thanks.
i5 4440 - H81 - 4X2 GB - 128 GB SSD - R7 240 - L42ET60D / S2240L - FiiO E10 - Fiio K5 Pro - Kali Audio LP6 - TinAudio T2 - BLON 03 - ATH-M40X - Anker Spirit X - JBL Flip 4 - Fenvi 9260 WiFi/BT 5 - Corsair K55/Harpoon - VS350 - Carbide 400R - Apple Shuffle 2GB + Fiio M5.
XBMC > KODI with the good old MCE Remote. 
Not by default. You need to make some modifications. Guide here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2420219
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-09-19, 09:17)Memphiz Wrote: I thought we wanted this to be a skin feature, not a keymap feature tbh

Yes man! Somebody do it !
i5 4440 - H81 - 4X2 GB - 128 GB SSD - R7 240 - L42ET60D / S2240L - FiiO E10 - Fiio K5 Pro - Kali Audio LP6 - TinAudio T2 - BLON 03 - ATH-M40X - Anker Spirit X - JBL Flip 4 - Fenvi 9260 WiFi/BT 5 - Corsair K55/Harpoon - VS350 - Carbide 400R - Apple Shuffle 2GB + Fiio M5.
(2016-09-21, 14:31)raven6679 Wrote: 8. 
Create a "keyboard.xml" file inside "keymaps" folder.
Assign some keys for tempo up/down. In following example (taken from this thread) there is Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right mapped.
Edit its content, write as follows (or use your own keyboard shortcuts):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<left mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(tempodown)</left>
<right mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(tempoup)</right>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
For specific info about keymaps, look here: http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap
[font]Bro can you please just edit or create that file for me? I can't do it. [/font]
Do you need clarification with this file?

(2020-01-26, 23:27)Rockfella Wrote:
(2016-09-21, 14:31)raven6679 Wrote: 8. 
Create a "keyboard.xml" file inside "keymaps" folder.
Assign some keys for tempo up/down. In following example (taken from this thread) there is Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right mapped.
Edit its content, write as follows (or use your own keyboard shortcuts):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<left mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(tempodown)</left>
<right mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(tempoup)</right>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
For specific info about keymaps, look here: http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap
Bro can you please just edit or create that file for me? I can't do it. 
Has anyone succeed in doing this with Estouchy?  I have a tablet I want to be able to speed up playback on.
(2019-02-24, 23:26)the_bo Wrote: Is it possible to implement speeds below 1x for slow motion playback?
I wish to ask this, too.
How we can play videos in slow motion with kodi 18.5 on windows?

bye,
Ralf
(2020-02-14, 03:43)grobiralf Wrote: How we can play videos in slow motion with kodi 18.5 on windows?
How slow do you want it to go? This system already allows 0.8x - 1.5x speed
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-14, 04:30)Karellen Wrote: How slow do you want it to go? This system already allows 0.8x - 1.5x speed 
For Sportstreams i need 0,3-0,7x
Something I noticed today, this doesn't work as I've set it up for audio files.
Code:
<keymap>
<fullscreenvideo>
<keyboard>
<key id="61568">PlayerControl(tempoup)</key>
<key id="61569">PlayerControl(tempodown)</key>
</keyboard>
</fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

I'm assuming <fullscreenvideo> doesn't encompass the music category.

Is there a broader category tag (like global) or do I have to copy the tempoup/tempodown settings to something else for music?
Use the f and r keys on a keyboard to increase and decrease playback speed.
My Signature
@Karellen - No keyboard.  Settings are mapped to a remote.

Edit: Tried <music>,<visualization> and <musicosd> none worked.  In fact musicosd screwed up menu navigation... something I was trying to avoid by not using <global>.

I DID manage to get 1.6x-2.0x to display on screen under Confluence thanks to jelwell.  Much more complicated than I expected... I'll post some stuff for that later.

Edit 2:  To get 1.6x-2.0x to display on screen with Confluence...
-You need a modified DialogSeekBar.xml.  My TV keeps that under ./addons/skin.confluence/720p.  Your actual location may vary.  720p is a resolution specific folder, so check where your file is actually located before copying.
- A repacked Textures.xbt that includes the .png for the new speeds.  That goes under ./addons/skin.confluence/media.
Here is a link to those files Confluence 1.6x-2.0x Files

Thanks again to @jelwell who created the new x speed pics.

I still can't figure how to get speedup to work on audio files short of repacking them into a container Kodi thinks could also be video.

Edit 3: Bit of a bug.  When FF-ing at 2x speed both 2x images come up overlapping at the same time in the OSD, the FF one and the speed up one.  This doesn't happen when using the 2x speed up.
Considering they are called differently, I don't know why.
Code:
<control type="image">
<left>45</left>
<top>4</top>
<width>40</width>
<height>40</height>
<texture>OSD2x.png</texture>
<visible>String.IsEqual(Player.PlaySpeed,2.00)</visible>
</control>
Code:
<control type="image">
<left>34</left>