• 32(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
i didn't understand how to make it work in android tv.
You need to make sure Sync Playback to Display is enabled as found in the settings here https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/V...to_display then if using Leia v18 it will depend on the control device in use, for example if using a keybaord the commands are already included in the keymap so it Alt + left buttons for tempodown or Alt + right buttons for tempoup as can be seen at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L383-L384. The GUI OSD controls are only added to the v19 nightly development builds.
(2020-08-28, 14:04)jjd-uk Wrote: You need to make sure Sync Playback to Display is enabled as found in the settings here https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/V...to_display then if using Leia v18 it will depend on the control device in use, for example if using a keybaord the commands are already included in the keymap so it Alt + left buttons for tempodown or Alt + right buttons for tempoup as can be seen at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L383-L384. The GUI OSD controls are only added to the v19 nightly development builds.

sync display is enabled but don't have ALT key in the remote.
Then use the Keymap Editor addon to the tempoup and tempodown to remote keys.
(2020-08-30, 13:11)jjd-uk Wrote: Then use the Keymap Editor addon to the tempoup and tempodown to remote keys.

Instslled Keymap Editor Add-On, Looked in Playback category , saw nothing related to Playback Speed
(2020-08-26, 16:19)jjd-uk Wrote: An option to change the Play Speed has now been added to the Estuary OSD via the Settings menu

Will this be getting pushed out as an add-on update to the skin, or will we have to upgrade Kodi to get it?
(2020-08-31, 11:01)brookecoin Wrote: Instslled Keymap Editor Add-On, Looked in Playback category , saw nothing related to Playback Speed

My mistake I thought it had been added, your only option then is to manually alter the keymap file, if you need help with this then create a new thread on the Android forum.
(2020-09-02, 22:05)mmortal03 Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 16:19)jjd-uk Wrote: An option to change the Play Speed has now been added to the Estuary OSD via the Settings menu

Will this be getting pushed out as an add-on update to the skin, or will we have to upgrade Kodi to get it?

Estuary is part of the installation package and is not supplied by the repo, thus it can't be updated via repo between releases. Besides, new additions are only ever added to the release under development which at the present time is V19 so yes you'll need to upgrade to see the new GUI setting for play speed.
Hi guys,

I'm still having lots of issues playing any video back at 2.0x speed

Im running latest Kodi 18.8, issue has been happening since at least v17. - Nvidia Shield box

I can play any video perfect at 1.9x speed, even 4k 50gb files. As soon as i up the speed to max 2.0x i get video freezes, audio sync drops etc. This happens even on 520p 300mb files.

The exact issue is this. - at exactly 2.0x audio and video start in sync and work fine for about 2min. after 2-3 min (varies) the video freezes, audio drops to 0.5x super slow and low pitch, then audio stops too for about 2sec, then video/audio start playing normally at 2.0x speed for another 2-3min then the issue repeats. Total disturbance is about 10sec every 2-3min. which is very annoying.

Initially I though the issue was with caching, so i've made lots of tweaks including below:

<cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>419430400</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
</cache>

with different values for memorysize and readfactor but issue persists. Have tried removing the cache section completely, same issue.

Not sure what else i can do?

Device stats show plenty of CPU and memory available so its not a hardware limitation.

Any thoughts?
What makes you think that 2x should work? Think of a power socket that is protected by a 16 Ampere fuse. Du you think you can draw 32 Ampere just by replacing the fuse? This is exactly what you are doing here by changing the advanced setting. Even if your hardware is powerful enough, you burn the "wires" inside Kodi. This feature simply wasn't built and tested for speeds > 1.5.
(2020-09-24, 10:47)FernetMenta Wrote: What makes you think that 2x should work? Think of a power socket that is protected by a 16 Ampere fuse. Du you think you can draw 32 Ampere just by replacing the fuse? This is exactly what you are doing here by changing the advanced setting. Even if your hardware is powerful enough, you burn the "wires" inside Kodi. This feature simply wasn't built and tested for speeds > 1.5.

To be honest mate, i had assumed its my set up rather than limitation of Kodi.

- I'm pretty sure it worked on Kodi v17
- no one else has reported a similar issue
- no one has confirmed that its definitely a limitation / bug
- config allows Kodi to run at 2.0x, both with fast playback function, and FFW at x2.

Common sense would be that it should work given the above arguments. If it indeed is a confirmed limitation, then lets work on improving it, lets get x2 working as it should. Alternatively why allow to configure to that speed at all? Cap it on the back-end to 1.9 and treat it as a definite limitation. You wouldn't get a 2L bottle of Coca Cola, and expect to only have 1.9L of soft drink inside?
Quote:Common sense would be that it should work given the above arguments. If it indeed is a confirmed limitation, then lets work on improving it, lets get x2 working as it should. Alternatively why allow to configure to that speed at all? Cap it on the back-end to 1.9 and treat it as a definite limitation. You wouldn't get a 2L bottle of Coca Cola, and expect to only have 1.9L of soft drink inside?

You don't get a 2L bottle. You get a 1.5L bottle that you tweaked yourself by changing an advanced setting (or your distro did that for you. In Kodi repo this is 1.5 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...s.cpp#L155).

EDIT: Another good analogy: would you complain about malfunctions after having overclocked your motherboard?

EDIT EDIT: Check the title of this feature request for requirements. If you want 2x speed to work properly, I suggest that you create a new feature request. Maybe somebody volunteers to get this working on the various platforms.
(2020-08-15, 12:12)splendid25 Wrote: Do you know if "Sync playback to display" can be activated automatically when the playback speed is not 1.00 ? And then turned off when speed returns to 1.00 ?
That way we could still benefit from audio passthrough when playing a DTS track at normal speed, and speed up when we want without changing settings every time.

Yeah, this really needs to be implemented in order to make it usable IRL for me.

It's not viable to switch settings manually every single time you just want to speed something up, and then switch them back when you want normal speed.
It was mentioned in the quote below that you can bind the keys to scripts that does it, but that's gonna be really problematic with the GUI OSD manipulation of the tempo in v19. I don't know if it's possible to create an add-on to hijack the OSD and run the script instead of the internal tempo commands when the tempo icons are clicked, but even if that is possible it would be pretty weird if Atmos-enjoyers would need to install an add-on to unbreak the tempo adjustment in the UI.

The absolutely best way would definitely be if it could be implemented natively as an option in Kodi v19.

(2017-01-23, 10:17)scott967 Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 07:33)bluenote Wrote: Has anyone come up with a one button solution to turning on the sync playback to display when it's actually needed? Doing so turns off my surround, so I really only want that setting to turn on when I want to speed up the playback and navigating the menus back and forth anytime I want to do it is a pain in the rear.

thanks

I think if you install the add-on skin.helper.service you can write/map to key a "runscript" command to toggle any system setting boolean.

scott s.
Someone here asked to slow down more than .8.

I'm not a dev, but made some modifications that allow it. On my system slowing down works fine. If I to slower than 0.8 however and want to go back up it causes issues.

No clue why, I am running a 4k 30fps however. Might try with some other settings.

Pull request is here if you want to try, code changes are simple, you'll have to build from source tho': https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18709

And you'll need an advancedsettings.xml which alter the lower value like so:

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
 <video>
   <mintempo>0.5</mintempo>
 </video>
</advancedsettings>
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11