• 33(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
I know that there's a way to just download something for Firestick (addon repo?) that will allow me to use the FF/RW buttons to increase or decrease the speed because I've done it before.  I've spent an hour searching for how to do it and I can't find it again.  Would someone please kindly point me in the direction of how to do that?
(2021-01-17, 15:55)iconoclasthero Wrote: I know that there's a way to just download something for Firestick (addon repo?) that will allow me to use the FF/RW buttons to increase or decrease the speed because I've done it before.  I've spent an hour searching for how to do it and I can't find it again.  Would someone please kindly point me in the direction of how to do that?

If that were a thing, it would be great, but I haven't come across it. In the meantime, you should definitely give the new v19 "Matrix" RC 1 a shot, which has speed control built into the default Estuary OSD, in the Settings menu.
(2021-01-17, 18:38)mmortal03 Wrote:
(2021-01-17, 15:55)iconoclasthero Wrote: I know that there's a way to just download something for Firestick (addon repo?) that will allow me to use the FF/RW buttons to increase or decrease the speed because I've done it before.  I've spent an hour searching for how to do it and I can't find it again.  Would someone please kindly point me in the direction of how to do that?

If that were a thing, it would be great, but I haven't come across it. In the meantime, you should definitely give the new v19 "Matrix" RC 1 a shot, which has speed control built into the default Estuary OSD, in the Settings menu.

Does it work on Firestick?  I switched from 17 to 18 and it didn't work so I reverted and see little value in upgrading to get back to a functionality I already had...however I managed to get it (I swear I didn't modify a keymap, but who knows...memory is porous).
Alright well, here's what I ended up doing:

I used the file manager to sftp to my server where I had created the following which I copied to the local keymaps folder:

bash:
~/cache $ cat keyboard.xml 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <rewind mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempodown)</rewind>
      <fastforward mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempoup)</fastforward>  
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

For some reason, when I tried to connect kodi to my NFS share (before sftp) it saw my four exports but it would only go into my large music folder...  permissions looked good, they work elsewhere...dunno.
(2021-01-18, 04:07)iconoclasthero Wrote:
(2021-01-17, 18:38)mmortal03 Wrote:

Does it work on Firestick?  I switched from 17 to 18 and it didn't work so I reverted and see little value in upgrading to get back to a functionality I already had...however I managed to get it (I swear I didn't modify a keymap, but who knows...memory is porous).

My apologies. It works on Windows, but I just moved over to Matrix RC1 on a Fire TV Stick and an Android phone, and noticed it's not there! @jjd-uk , any idea what happened to an Android implementation of the play speed menu?
Perhaps you don't have Sync Playback to Display enabled on those devices.
(2021-01-18, 04:53)iconoclasthero Wrote:
Alright well, here's what I ended up doing:

I used the file manager to sftp to my server where I had created the following which I copied to the local keymaps folder:

bash:
~/cache $ cat keyboard.xml 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <rewind mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempodown)</rewind>
      <fastforward mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempoup)</fastforward>  
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

For some reason, when I tried to connect kodi to my NFS share (before sftp) it saw my four exports but it would only go into my large music folder...  permissions looked good, they work elsewhere...dunno.

You're not far off. Someone will have to confirm, but it doesn't look like the PlayerControl function is working on Android Matrix RC1 right now. (Edit: you need Sync playback to display turned on, then it will work in Windows and Android)

I just tested it, and I also can't even get "rewind" or "fastforward" to be longpress modified, nor can I get "left" or "right" to be longpress modified, on Windows or Android.

But I can get "down" and "up" to be longpress modified on Windows, so the PlayerControl function still works on Windows Matrix RC1. See my code below. Some of the following may be superfluous, but at least it works on Windows. Looks like they've just broken it on Android Matrix RC1?

xml:

<keymap>
  <VideoMenu>
    <keyboard>
      <down mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempodown)</down>
      <up mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempoup)</up>
    </keyboard>
  </VideoMenu>

<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>

<videos>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </videos>

<playercontrols>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
    </playercontrols>
</keymap>
(2021-01-18, 10:50)jjd-uk Wrote: Perhaps you don't have Sync Playback to Display enabled on those devices.

Yes! That fixes it. I apologize for the oversight.
(2016-10-31, 03:46)18000rpm Wrote: FYI if you want to use"[" and "]" to change the playback speed like in VLC you need to use this keymap:

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<opensquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempodown)</opensquarebracket>
<closesquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempoup)</closesquarebracket>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
<VideoMenu>
<keyboard>
<opensquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempodown)</opensquarebracket>
<closesquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempoup)</closesquarebracket>
</keyboard>
</VideoMenu>
</keymap>

Putting these under <global> will not work because the default actions for "[" and "]" are defined under <FullscreenVideo> and <VideoMenu>.

I tried to add it to my keymap I already have but it didn't work
(2021-03-05, 04:43)nammin Wrote: I tried to add it to my keymap I already have but it didn't work
See if you missed any steps... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2420219
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I did finally upgrade to Krypton and it was mostly seamless.  Mostly.
I use Confluence and my 1.6x-2.0x OSD disappeared.
Anyone know if I can just drop in my old DialogSeekBar.xml and Textures.xbt or have other changes been made that requires rebuilding them?

Also, previously, I had a weird quirk.  Fast Forwarding (not SpeedUp) at 2x would turn back on the sound and the OSD indicator would overlap my 2x icon in the normal FF location and my SpeedUp location (which was farther to the right).  I was hoping to fix that, but it's above my pay grade.
Official Confluence section for FF 2x:
Quote:<control type="image">
                    <left>34</left>
                    <top>4</top>
                    <width>40</width>
                    <height>40</height>
                    <texture>OSD2x.png</texture>
                    <visible>Player.Forwarding2x</visible>
                </control>
My modification for Confluence with SpeedUp at 2x: 
Quote:<control type="image">
                    <left>45</left>
                    <top>4</top>
                    <width>40</width>
                    <height>40</height>
                    <texture>OSD2x.png</texture>
                    <visible>String.IsEqual(Player.PlaySpeed,2.00)</visible>
                </control>
Edit: So, just to be safe I unpacked the textures and repacked them and reinserted the commands for 1.6-2.0x speeds for Confluence.
As stated above, there is still a bug at 2x fast forward: you will see the SpeedUp positioned 2x icon (at the far right of the seek bar) AND the Fast Forward positioned 2x icon (about 3/4 of the way down the seek bar) overlapping each other... also audio is turned on.
I don't believe this is something I can fix from my end.

To get 1.6x-2.0x to display on screen with Confluence under Matrix...

-You need a modified DialogSeekBar.xml.  My TV keeps that under ./addons/skin.confluence/720p.  Your actual location may vary.  720p is a resolution specific folder, so check where your file is actually located before copying.
- A repacked Textures.xbt that includes the .png for the new speeds.  That goes under ./addons/skin.confluence/media.
Here is a link to those files: Confluence Skin fix for SpeedUp to 2x with Kodi v19.rar

I insert these into my installation by using Kodi's Backup add-on to dump the files to a network folder on my PC.  I then copy the replacement files into the backup folder and then restore the Add-on folder using Backup add-on again.

Thanks go to @jelwell who created the new x speed pics.
What to do if there is not any Sync to display option in settings in Kodi 19?
I've noticed weird behavior of speed playback with some HBO episodes.
I'm using HBO and Netflix addons and also some local files in library.
For local files and for Netflix speed up is working perfectly. I'm able even to watch at 1.8x speed.
But, for SOME episodes of HBO shows (f.e. Babylon Berlin, Deuce) even 1.1x makes the video and audio out of sync - of coarse I have settings enabled in Kodi settings.
Which is even more weird, for the same show, one episode is perfectly able to play at 1.3x with no issues, but the next one is not...
Did anyone also noticed this maybe?
(2021-04-17, 09:16)raven6679 Wrote: I've noticed weird behavior of speed playback with some HBO episodes.
For local files and for Netflix speed up is working perfectly. I'm able even to watch at 1.8x speed.
But, for SOME episodes of HBO shows (f.e. Babylon Berlin, Deuce) even 1.1x makes the video and audio out of sync - of coarse I have settings enabled in Kodi settings.
Which is even more weird, for the same show, one episode is perfectly able to play at 1.3x with no issues, but the next one is not...

Which specific addons are you using? For Netflix, is it the CastagnaIT add-on? Which HBO add-on? I can't test HBO because I don't have a subscription. I'm not sure how much time devs here are going to dedicate to third party repos (they'll have to speak to that), but I guess if there's evidence of some bug in the "play speed" function it might be useful to look at? It could just be hardware-specific or have to do with Internet connection speed? An example, my FireTV Stick 4K doesn't want to do faster than 1.3x without losing audio sync on h264 1440x1080 from Netflix (Star Trek: The Next Generation).
(2021-04-17, 20:42)mmortal03 Wrote:
(2021-04-17, 09:16)raven6679 Wrote: I've noticed weird behavior of speed playback with some HBO episodes.

Which specific addons are you using? For Netflix, is it the CastagnaIT add-on? Which HBO add-on? I can't test HBO because I don't have a subscription. I'm not sure how much time devs here are going to dedicate to third party repos (they'll have to speak to that), but I guess if there's evidence of some bug in the "play speed" function it might be useful to look at? It could just be hardware-specific or have to do with Internet connection speed? An example, my FireTV Stick 4K doesn't want to do faster than 1.3x without losing audio sync on h264 1440x1080 from Netflix (Star Trek: The Next Generation).
I'm using CastagnaIT addon for Netflix and HGOEU (or sth) by arvvoid.
My gear is nVidia Shield and it's perfectly able to play at 2.0x speed from local file.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11