Double click for windowed/fullscreen
Double click for switching between windowed/fullscreen modes. Like most other video players does it.

I am using the mouse from my sofa to control XBMC and sometimes I'd like to run another program or change settings (Equalizer with Hijack Pro, video curve/gamma tool etc).
It would be nice if I could go back and forth to windowed mode without using the keyboard. The fact that others does it this by double clicking makes it sensible to add this feature to XBMC as well.
I think...
those are video players, not media centers.
spiff Wrote:those are video players, not media centers.

Right, but I like to use my other tools with XBMC. -Tools lacking in XBMC: -A fully parametric audio Eq and contrast curve tool (to correct black and white levels and correct the color of badly mastered, often old, movies. Some new movies needs softening the contrast, when "over"-mastered and so on). It is limiting not to easily being able to access these tools.

I guess I can work around it, using a mouse with programmable buttons.
Or add the tools using Advanced Launcher addon...
-stoli-
(2011-04-27, 10:35)spiff Wrote: those are video players, not media centers.
 What a toxic attitude to take on a user giving feedback and offering a solution for it... Developers should be glad to receive such gifts.

Completely dismissing the request coming from a user by responding only to a tiniest possible detail in it. How about next time you'd address the request itself and explain why you see it's not a good idea?

Not to mention the whole point is misguided in at least two critical ways:

1) Video players and media centers aren't mutually exclusive. They have lots of overlap and it's not surprising at all that Kodi is being used as a general media player.

2) The simple feature that is requested would take absolutely nothing away from Kodi being a media center. How could you ever argue that a literally one-liner feature that introduces absolutely zero visual changes to the software or any changes in its logic (outside the feature itself, of course) would give way to Kodi losing its focus as a media center.
And I won't even get started on the many ways this feature would *support* Kodi being a media center. I'm willing to elaborate, but I'm not sure if the developers are even willing to hear it, judging from this thread.
@dGeFzvseNGoVsxot

Do you at all realise that you resurrected a 7 year old thread? Why?? Just so you can have a bit of a rant.

It is not lost on me that you signed up today just so you can write two negative posts.

You are on the verge of being banned as a spammer / troll.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The feature is still not implemented and without good reason.
As for the signup, yeah I was using Kodi and missing this feature. I was blown away by the response.
(2018-05-18, 10:54)dGeFzvseNGoVsxot Wrote: The feature is still not implemented and without good reason.
We don't need to give you a reason. You want a feature, then roll up your sleeves and help out with the code. I am pretty sure this will never be implemented otherwise. Of course, if you are using Windows, then just keep Kodi in a full screen window, and simply use the minimise/maximise icons or double click the title bar.

(2018-05-18, 10:57)dGeFzvseNGoVsxot Wrote: I was blown away by the response.
And I am blown away by your immature and demanding posts as if you have some right to make these demands.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yeah cause defending a person who has a completely valid point from snarky dismissive comments that give zero value to anyone is immature and negative. What kind of message is spiff sending from the development team when this is the only response given? " those are video players, not media centers." That's really how little you guys care about this project? I'm just letting you know how it comes off. If you don't appreciate feedback, you certainly are well within you rights to not appreciate it. I'll just move on and not even touch this toxic community.
@dGeFzvseNGoVsxot

We do not need you to tell us anything... Mr Just Joined To Stir Up Trouble.

Do you understand this is a 7 year old thread? And to persecute someone for something they wrote 7 years ago is just plain stupid. And who are you anyway that thinks s/he has the right to do so?

Great, move on. I'll help you with a short term break. When privileges are returned in a few days, become a polite and contributing member of this community or your next break will be permanent.
My Signature
How about mapping the double click to the action toggleFullscreen in mouse.xml? This could already work ...

Also we are welcoming your one liner solution in case the mouse mapping doesn’t work.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
On OSX I can put Kodi to windowed mode with a single click. Moving the mouse to the top of the screen make the title bar of the window visible -> click on maximize, done.
Thumbs Up 
(2018-05-18, 12:57)Memphiz Wrote: How about mapping the double click to the action toggleFullscreen in mouse.xml? This could already work ...

Also we are welcoming your one liner solution in case the mouse mapping doesn’t work.
you sir are a scholar and a gentleman!

(and yes i actually only signed up to confirm this solution and show my appreciation :p)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double click for windowed/fullscreen0