Is VPDAU installed? How to check?
Question 
Hello all,

I am installing XBMC for ubuntu 10.10 over a full desktop install. I have an NVIDIA GT210 card and I am using audio over HDMI.

I followed the on-line directions in the wiki about how to upgrade and install the latest version of the nVidia drivers, which is 260.19.44 (stable).

Does this automatically come with VDPAU working or do I have to do something special to enable or install extra drivers.

Thanks
CPU:Intel 2100 3.1 Ghz RAM:Corsair 4 GB DD3-133 Mobo: Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 mATX OS HDD: Corsair Nova Series 32GB SSD Storage HDD: WD Green 2 TB Video Card: ASUS EN210 SILENT ODD:
apt-get install libvdpau1
Thumbs Up 
Thanks! I will try this when I get home!
CPU:Intel 2100 3.1 Ghz RAM:Corsair 4 GB DD3-133 Mobo: Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 mATX OS HDD: Corsair Nova Series 32GB SSD Storage HDD: WD Green 2 TB Video Card: ASUS EN210 SILENT ODD:
I knew the second I fired up xbmc it wasn't installed. Super slow, high CPU usage. Installing the current VDPAU was like day and night.
that's very weird, since vdpau does absolute 0 before you start playback of videos..
spiff Wrote:that's very weird, since vdpau does absolute 0 before you start playback of videos..

I meant video playback, like it was struggling to play at all. I have a ION 330 system so without the video acceleration there isn't a whole lot of umph there.
right, that makes sense
Hi everybody

I'm trying to use xbmc instead of mythtv, but when I play 1080p video, the video isn't smooth.
I have asus ion motherboard and it seems everything about my driver works perfectly (xorg is well configured, my computer is connected to my tv with hdmi (sound too)), mplayer works perfectly (4-10% playing full hd video), and these are my video settings in xbmc:
  • render metho : auto detect
  • allow hardware acceleration vdpau <checked>
  • allow hardware acceleration vaapi <checked>
  • adjust display refresh rate to match video <unchecked>
  • sync playback to display <checked>
  • vdpau studio level <unchecked>

I'm running in debian testing and xbmc version is 10.1.
It seems vdpau is not activated when using xbmc (cpu is 50-70% when it plays 720p and >100 when it plays 1080p). I read a lot of messages about vdpau activation in xbmc but I found nothing that solves my problem.

Somebody can help me ?

thank you very much ;-)

Tang
Bump. I have the exact same problem on my setup. Debian testing (LMDE) + XBMC = no VDPAU... Blush
Please turn on debug logging in XBMC and post a debug log on pastebin.
Hi, no vdpau for me neither:

you can find my log here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116251
I'll do a debug log as soon as I can.
there's no more details about vdpau with debug log Sad
I've replied in the thread you started, lets continue there.
Bump. Please see my reply in the thread mentioned above...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is VPDAU installed? How to check?0