Multiple audio channels in DVB stream
Hi,

i wonder if there will be a support for remembering the selected audio track for specific channel.

When i tune for example to Discovery Channel on my DVB-C card (KNC ONE TV-Station DVB-C), i get the czech audio as the main audio track, but in audio options i can switch to secondary audio (russian), third (english) and fourth (english again). Now when i change the audio to english, it's all ok until i change to other channel. When i change the channel back to Discovery Channel, i get the default czech audio track again.

This indicates that while i can switch the audio track while watching the channel, the PVR system doesn't save this information anywhere.

Is there a plan to support this feature (saving the selected audio track for each channel) ?
faugusztin Wrote:Hi,

i wonder if there will be a support for remembering the selected audio track for specific channel.

When i tune for example to Discovery Channel on my DVB-C card (KNC ONE TV-Station DVB-C), i get the czech audio as the main audio track, but in audio options i can switch to secondary audio (russian), third (english) and fourth (english again). Now when i change the audio to english, it's all ok until i change to other channel. When i change the channel back to Discovery Channel, i get the default czech audio track again.

This indicates that while i can switch the audio track while watching the channel, the PVR system doesn't save this information anywhere.

Is there a plan to support this feature (saving the selected audio track for each channel) ?

I'd like this too. I get it where there's Audio Description audio streams that are sometimes the default.

A quick tip though is if you have an MCE remote the # button (bottom right) lets you cycle through the available Audio Streams. I found out by accident but it's very useful.
sure.
please create a feature request ticket for this on trac so I won't forget.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I used to have this problem with the old pvr, but now i only set it once and its remembered as long as i don't delete the TV database file.
right. thought that one was still missing after I fixed those methods a while ago. but CVideoSettings.m_AudioStream is persisted and fetch when playback starts (just checked).

so, as decaturguy said, it will remember the last audio stream that you selected.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Yes, thanks, i didn't notice there was a newer one. I was using these, which doesn't support this feature, while the ones from the sticky post do.

This happens when you use google and forget to read the sticky post Big Grin.
I'll put a new win32 build on there, because that one's a couple of weeks old and contains a bunch of bugs that I fixed already.

edit:
done. a win32 of git rev. e7ba398 is now online.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple audio channels in DVB stream0