Blu Ray Folder in XBMC question
Awhile back I ripped a blu ray disc that I had bought just so I could see if I could rip some of my other movies. Anyways I ripped it to a regular folder with BDMV and Certificate folder. Anyways I was wondering can XBMC play this as is? Or do i need to configure something or install something? I thought I read a tutorial awhile back describing this but I cant seem to find it.
Yes XBMC Dharma can natively play bluray's from the default folder structure (also as an .iso if you are interested). Here is one post about it, check about #50 where it is integrated into XBMC. I have seen some little debate about what folder structure to use. Personally I rip my movies into their own folder.

EX "Cool Movie"
x:\bluray\cool movie\bluray folder\(bluray contents)

The extra folder doesn't help or hurt, just seems like it keeps everything cleaner. Also the bluray will sometimes give an unscrappable title to their folder, this just keeps me from having to rename the ripped folder. Again let me stress this doesn't really matter.

When setting up your source, create a new one just for blurays and set it up like you would for other movies. Make sure to check "Use folder names" and "Scan recursively", that will setup XBMC to be able to scrap movie info.
Thanks Jay M. I checked out the thread but I only found links to download compiled versions of xbmc within Linux. I only get audio not video. And it works outside of XBMC just fine. I will look at the thread again to see if maybe I did miss something.

Thanks
If you are still having problems post your systems specs and also a debug log. Check here if you need to know how.

Bluray support is included in the current Dharma release. If that is what you have installed then something else is going on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu Ray Folder in XBMC question0