• 2(current)
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.0
I have an issue with focus in Linux on the latest V2.0. Sometimes when you exit it doesnt bring up the exit dialog box. So returning to xbmc hears the movement of the cursor but no visual moment.

Heres a debug log. Hope it helps.

http://pastebin.com/5VBWYg5c

Sometimes pushing the up button on the control makes TV Time regain focus and then you can exit properly but not always (this occassion, with the debug log attached, i couldnt regain focus and was forced to restart xnmc)
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
jsimo01,

Include a rule for genre "does not contain animation" or "is not animation". To answer your question, no, mpaa ratings can not be used yet for TV Shows. Only Movies as of now.

Mark
danz0l Wrote:I have an issue with focus in Linux on the latest V2.0. Sometimes when you exit it doesnt bring up the exit dialog box. So returning to xbmc hears the movement of the cursor but no visual moment.

Heres a debug log. Hope it helps.

http://pastebin.com/5VBWYg5c

Sometimes pushing the up button on the control makes TV Time regain focus and then you can exit properly but not always (this occassion, with the debug log attached, i couldnt regain focus and was forced to restart xnmc)

All I am seeing in the log file is weather.com+. Are these the last entries in the log file? I am not seeing any entries or errors related to TV Time.
jtucker1972 Wrote:All I am seeing in the log file is weather.com+. Are these the last entries in the log file? I am not seeing any entries or errors related to TV Time.

Sorry mate that was my fault, tried using pastbin for windows desktop and seems its limited to the amount of characters it will post.

Heres a new one

http://pastebin.com/hD6fSz6N

Found out how to reproduce now. If you bring up the guide then exit the thread closure procedure doesnt kick in, thus returning to xbmc looses focus (TV Time is effectively still running). You can press up and it will regain focus back to TVTime.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
danz0l Wrote:Sorry mate that was my fault, tried using pastbin for windows desktop and seems its limited to the amount of characters it will post.

Heres a new one

http://pastebin.com/hD6fSz6N

Found out how to reproduce now. If you bring up the guide then exit the thread closure procedure doesnt kick in, thus returning to xbmc looses focus (TV Time is effectively still running). You can press up and it will regain focus back to TVTime.

Thanks for the steps to reproduce. I've been able to replicate it. Now the challenge to figure out why.
zepfan Wrote:I ran the new code three times to be sure. Works fine for me. What linux are you running? Which xbmc?

Latest XBMC build (nightly) and 10.04 Ubuntu minimal install. I have replicated the issue on Alaska Revisited and Aeon Nox.
danz0l Wrote:Found out how to reproduce now. If you bring up the guide then exit the thread closure procedure doesnt kick in, thus returning to xbmc looses focus (TV Time is effectively still running). You can press up and it will regain focus back to TVTime.

Confirmed. I am having the same issues too. My setup is in my sig below.
I had everything up and running fine last night. Today TV Time was having some weird issues. Flipping through the channels it would go back to channel 2 after after making it to about channel 4 or 5. The channel numbers started showing up strangely also. Multiple numbers on top of each other.

So I quit TV Time then tried doing a forced restart but it now get hung up every time importing movies when building the channels. I tried uninstalling TV Time and then reinstalling it but that didn't help. (It still remembered my old channel listings also.)

Was I supposed to uninstall the old tv time before installing 2.0?
Any way to do a complete uninstall of tv time and start over?

Thanks

Windows XP, XBMC 10.1, Transparency
dry_flood Wrote:Confirmed. I am having the same issues too. My setup is in my sig below.

I found and fixed the issue. I will publish the update as soon as I get my new laptop setup.
Pete7 Wrote:I had everything up and running fine last night. Today TV Time was having some weird issues. Flipping through the channels it would go back to channel 2 after after making it to about channel 4 or 5. The channel numbers started showing up strangely also. Multiple numbers on top of each other.

So I quit TV Time then tried doing a forced restart but it now get hung up every time importing movies when building the channels. I tried uninstalling TV Time and then reinstalling it but that didn't help. (It still remembered my old channel listings also.)

Was I supposed to uninstall the old tv time before installing 2.0?
Any way to do a complete uninstall of tv time and start over?

Thanks

Windows XP, XBMC 10.1, Transparency

I have some migration code in there to switch everything over. Sounds like something got messed up with the settings files maybe.

To completely remove TV Time, delete both the ~/addons/script.tvtime and ~/userdata/addon_data/script.tvtime directories.
I am having serious issues creating the channels. Everytime I try, it hangs at different spots of the initial channel creation. For example, the first time it stuck on finding the length of a schoolhouse rock episode. Then it stuck on adding a ninja turtles episode, etc. Is this something you'd like me to post a log for, or is there something else you'd rather see? Thanks.
Added log file

http://pastebin.com/Unmi0XYu
primetime34 Wrote:Added log file

http://pastebin.com/Unmi0XYu

Can you post the rest of the log? I see where the videoparser couldn't find some of the according to jim files. I see the fraggle rock lookup. no video parsing was required for those files since no log entries were added. then i see where it is trying to insert the commercials. After that I am not seeing anything else. No errors and no indication that XBMC was exited. So thinking there is some additional logging not in the pastebin. Sometimes it takes several sconds after XMBC closes for it to finish writing to the debug log. If required, I will add some additional debugging to my next update to try and narrow down the issue for you. I am trying to limit the amount of debug logging since it can make the log output very large very easily.
jtucker1972 Wrote:Can you post the rest of the log? I see where the videoparser couldn't find some of the according to jim files. I see the fraggle rock lookup. no video parsing was required for those files since no log entries were added. then i see where it is trying to insert the commercials. After that I am not seeing anything else. No errors and no indication that XBMC was exited. So thinking there is some additional logging not in the pastebin. Sometimes it takes several sconds after XBMC closes for it to finish writing to the debug log. If required, I will add some additional debugging to my next update to try and narrow down the issue for you. I am trying to limit the amount of debug logging since it can make the log output very large very easily.

XBMC freezes when I try to populate the channels. Esc won't get me out of the screen so I have to alt-tab to a different windows then close it from the taskbar. Will this still produce anything extra in log file? I'll go ahead and post the log file after I exit and hopefully that will give you the info you need. Thanks.
primetime34 Wrote:XBMC freezes when I try to populate the channels. Esc won't get me out of the screen so I have to alt-tab to a different windows then close it from the taskbar. Will this still produce anything extra in log file? I'll go ahead and post the log file after I exit and hopefully that will give you the info you need. Thanks.

Press \ key to go to window mode. Then you can click the X button in the top right corner of the XBMC window which will force XBMC to close. It may generate an error. Wait several seconds and then check the log file for any errors related to TV Time.

What features do you have enabled? I see Commercials. Do you also have Bumpers?

There are meta files I create to store which valid commercials and bumpers are available based on the folder you selected. The files are located in the ~/userdata/addons/script.tvtime/cache/meta directory. There should be one for commercials.meta, bumpers.meta and trailers.meta if you have those features enabled. Verify each file exists and that they contain at least one valid file.

Just trying to think at which points it could hang if there s an issue building the channel file lists.

You could disable the commercials, bumpers and trailers features if you have them enabled and try creating the channels again by doing a force reset. It would at least narrow down where the issue might be occurring.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.02