Help in creating studio logos
I wish to transform colored studio logos to white transparent ones used in the skins, so that I can contribute of my own to the community. What sort of software(incl. the version) I need for it? Can any one give a detailed tutorial on it?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Photoshop is the standard and there are tutorials all over the place. Unfortunately its extremely pricey even if you can somehow get a student copy. A good free alternative is Gimp. It has just about the same functionality, just a different UI. Gimp is also open source.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
How do I transform any logo to the ones used in skins? They are white & transparent. Please guide me.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
There is no single way to do this. What it boils down to is locating a source image, selecting and erasing out the background and saving the file as a .png so it will save the transparency (alpha channel).

This tutorial isn't about making studio logos, however it will give you all the necessary tools for completing the task. It deals with removing the background on hard to select objects.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
So, I will explain how I do it.

Software Photoshop

Create a new file with dimensions 161x109, resolution 72, color mode grayscale 8 bit and save as PNG. This will be your template.

Steps:

1 - Open the color logo
2 - Unlock layer (double click on top of the lock in the layers panel)
3 - If the background is white invert colors (Ctrl+I), skip if background is black.
4 - Transform to grayscale (Image>Mode>Grayscale)
5 - Reduce image size to 161x109 (Alt+Ctrl+I), 99% of times the original image won't have the same ratio (1,47), so you downsize the bigger side keeping aspect ratio.
6 - First set color to Black, then select by Color Range, (Select>Color Range). Depending on the amount of color in the original image you will have to vary the fuzziness. For more colors select less fuzziness, I recommend not to go down 50, if necessary stack layers later. For black and white logos go all the way up (200).
7 - Select Inverse (Shift+Ctrl+I)
8 - Copy
9 - Open template and paste (you can stack layers to get more definition if needed), save as "name of the studio".
Thanks to Htpc guy & Kisuan for helping me out. I am doing some logos / recordlabels as a practice and soon be posting some here. However, I am able to make the colored logos to only gray ones whereas black logos get transformed into exactly white on transparent background. Gray logos are not getting prominent in several skins like T!, reFocus, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help in creating studio logos0