am using 10.1 xbmc and want complete mpchc playback
OK young grasshopper - have another look at your playercorefactory file. It has been saved as a text file and not an xml file

your file - playercorefactory.xml.txt, should be just playercorefactory.xml (or as you are showing files with known extensions hidden, it should just read playercorefactory).

Open your existing file in notepad and resave (in the same location) removing the .txt extension, leaving just playercorefactory.xml.

EDIT - beaten to it Penguin.
ok i knew someting was fishy...xD...and i shall apply it asap..lets see..hmmmm
ok it finally renamed to xml extension...now its up to the trials..

nope still not workin here da log

http://pastebin.com/79bTc2E1
The only difference I see between your file and mine is that 'Audio' in Line 0 should read 'false' - change it and see if it loads.
Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\mpchc\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|mpg|mpeg|mov|hdmov|flv|vob" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
nope still nothin...-.-'
Clutching at straws now - though I'm sure your prepared to try anything

1 here is my playercorefactory file (which works)

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|ts|mkv" player="MPC-HC" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Now I don't know if it will make a difference, but the only difference in our files is that the path to MPC-HC is different - yours is on the root and mine is down one level in program files - humour me and try relocating MPC-HC (renaming the folders exactly as they are here to MPC HomeCinema) to the same and see what happens.

Place the mpc-hc.exe file in the following path

C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe

EDIT

The problem surrounding your original playercorefactory file is I think the path you've quoted to the mpc-hc.exe file. You have the path as C:\mpchc\mpc-hc.exe, but unless I'm mistaken you don't have the exe file within a seperate folder, but to C:\mpc-hc.exe.

Either create a new folder in the root named mpchc and move the exe to there leaving the playercorefactory file as it is, or follow my previous instructions to relocate mpc-hc and amend the playercorefactory file.

Whew
well it is in a seperate folder as you could see in my screenshot that i posted where it shows my mpchc.exe.....-.-'

anyhow shall try
yesssssssssssssssssssssssss it worked da folder creator trick!!!!!!!! creatooooooorrrrr....xD

now i need it to use mpchc for every video file any help would be appreciated

p.s: now i can atleast use xbmc with my mpchc player thou external...-.-'...but im workin on an internal solution with tiben20 and the creator of madvr, just wanted to be able to atleast use xbmc while we get the muscle power from mpchc and its codecs support into xbmc, thanks to steel i can atleast do so, thanks bro and keep an eye on da thread ill keep yall updated how the internal solution is goin thou dont expect it to just pop up tomorrow...xD , peace oh and about the playback with all video file types id appreciate it if you could add all video file types so i can just copy paste into my playercorefactory or was my video file associations i put into my old playercorefactory covering all file types?, hmmmmmm
Glad to hear it Grasshopper.

The list seemed fairly comprehensive on your last file, if you come across one that you have that isn't there, just add it with a pipe (|) as seperator.

Good luck with the integration.
ok sounds fair bro, peace and keep da enthusiast spirit goin!!! remember this is only a baby step towards the holy grail of true hometheater bliss, huzahhh!!!

p.s: ring ding ding ding we have 1k views , not bad for a couple days...xD...and thanks for the kind words, i shall make it happen as long as the other guys dont let me down...xD...they better not..-.-'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
am using 10.1 xbmc and want complete mpchc playback0