• 9(current)
PAL videos stuttering on PAL Xbox/TV
(vnm @ april 25 2005,21:58 Wrote:the only thing i've found out so far is that enebling mc=0.0001 has a noticable effect, but "increasing" it to mc=0.00001 has an even greater impact to the playback smoothness.
i tried it and yes, the playback is smooth but audio seems to be desynced.
ok

now i tried to enable both "mc=0.001" (yes, that's 0.001) and "autosync=30". it's all smooth.

what strikes me is that the only problem i get is the speed up after pause (and a little from start). rewinding, ffw, skipping, whatever i do, i don't get any other problem. tried hi/low quality, big/small files using a variety of codecs.

if that "turbo" issue could be resolved, without any new issues introduced, it would be a great improvement for xbmc.
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
will see if i can find out why the turbo issue is back..

*edit* btw, does this happen on all resumes from pause or only when pausing directly when ff/rw ing?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

all resumes from pause.
just checked the changelog, good work elupus fixing the turbo issue with autosync Smile

i'll update tomorrow afternoon and give it a whirl.
lol, yea took me a while. only reason i got around to it was that i'm supposed to be studying.. (ie means i try to anything else not to). was a simple fix thou
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i'm 'supposed' to be studying also. exams are tomorrow.

but i'd rather be watching stuff on xbmc Smile
will autosync be enabled by default? now when you have fixed it?
nope.. still causes problems for low quality movies.. might add possibility to enable it from video osd. (but that will be after my exam period)

i have the latest cvs build

with upsample to gui res enabled (i run 1080i gui) its a slide show. 4fps, lots of stuttering.

disabling the gui res upsampling its beter, but across all three methods with high quality / low / hardware overlay i get dropped frames.

i also note the fps doesnt stay on 25fps, the counter moves around 26-24.

im not using smoothing, no pal60, no post processing, i have deinterlace set to off.
i have found that switching to overlay video instead pixel shader i have zero stuttering prolems.it would be a pixel shader video problem?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PAL videos stuttering on PAL Xbox/TV0