Is it possible to stream to an iPhone?
I use AirPlayer on my iPhone 4. It's a UPNP client, which can see XBMC on my ATV2 provided XBMC has UPNP configured under the network settings.

It plays any file, (without converting) but struggles on large DivX or HD files. It's probably fine on the iPad 2/ 4S with the 'multiple threads' option on.

The nice thing is that XBMC serves up the scraped episode names, unlike my UPNP server on my NAS which is obviously just the file names.

If I forward port 55154 on my router to my ATV2, I can get access to it externally too (it tells you how to do this in the app).
Muttleyuk Wrote:I use AirPlayer on my iPhone 4. It's a UPNP client, which can see XBMC on my ATV2 provided XBMC has UPNP configured under the network settings.

It plays any file, (without converting) but struggles on large DivX or HD files. It's probably fine on the iPad 2/ 4S with the 'multiple threads' option on.

The nice thing is that XBMC serves up the scraped episode names, unlike my UPNP server on my NAS which is obviously just the file names.

If I forward port 55154 on my router to my ATV2, I can get access to it externally too (it tells you how to do this in the app).

That's close to what I was looking for, but won't work over 3G since the data won't be able to keep up with streaming an MKV over the internet. The video needs to be transcoded on the fly while streaming.
(2011-08-13, 05:16)Ned Scott Wrote: No one suggested installing XBMC itself on the iPhone? o.O Really?

The iPhone 4 and 3GS have the same power as the ATV2. Jezz's touch skin is very usable on an iPhone. I use XBMC on my iPhone 4 all the time.
Question about using XBMC in this manor on the iphone. In order to sync your DBs like the op was originally questioning, you'd have to be using MySQL DB right? But that doesn't sync the fan art. How do you handle that? Other OS's you can sync the thumbs using nfs / samba / dropbox or myriad other ways, but can this be done on the iPhone / iPad?

(2012-05-29, 07:21)tjpoe Wrote:
(2011-08-13, 05:16)Ned Scott Wrote: No one suggested installing XBMC itself on the iPhone? o.O Really?

The iPhone 4 and 3GS have the same power as the ATV2. Jezz's touch skin is very usable on an iPhone. I use XBMC on my iPhone 4 all the time.
Question about using XBMC in this manor on the iphone. In order to sync your DBs like the op was originally questioning, you'd have to be using MySQL DB right? But that doesn't sync the fan art. How do you handle that? Other OS's you can sync the thumbs using nfs / samba / dropbox or myriad other ways, but can this be done on the iPhone / iPad?

We've had some hacks to get it to work in the past (such as path subs (wiki)) but now in nightly builds (pre-v12) you can sync fan art with MySQL (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to stream to an iPhone?0