[WIP] Artist Slideshow Script (looking for testers!)
ronie Wrote:heh...i have not implemented that yet in the skin.

right now, we're just testing the functionality of the script.
full skin integration will follow as soon as i feel to script is stable enough for release. :-)

aah kapish... cool...
for me, I would mostly want to enjoy it in full screen mode anyway... im gonna install it on my two other systems right now as my teenage son is busy doing my hard work outside Wink
siffredi Wrote:Damn your fast! With beta 2 this one is solved.
+1
No problem for me with this 2 version.
Hello Ronie,

I will PM you a folder of tracks as I guess it would be illegal to post it here publicly, sorry guys... but here is what happens.

I have a folder of single tracks, a compilation of world music, and the artist slideshow script works beautifully, but then it stops on one artist, and no matter what I do, it will not show play another artist's images.

I have repeated this 5 times on one computer and twice on this computer, so it is reliably visible. To try to get the script to show other tracks, I switched from playlist to file mode, then back to library and chose all sorts of artists, but the script kept on cycling the one it got stuck on.

The only odd thing is that it gets stuck on one of two artists, and not always the first one. I have looked at the tags of those files, nothing particularly odd. I will pm you now, Ronie, and anyone else who wants to test it, but please delete the files once tested.

Thanks,
Mark.
fredphoesh Wrote:I have repeated this 5 times on one computer and twice on this computer, so it is reliably visible.

i've played all tracks 2 times so far, but couldn't replicate.

first, make sure you're using version 2 of the script.

if you can still reproduce it , please post a full Debug Log on pastebin.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i've played all tracks 2 times so far, but couldn't replicate.

Hi ronie,
I am running v2 on both these Win7 machines!
This is very odd!
I will do a Debug Log and pastebin it.

tx
Mark.
ronie Wrote:i've played all tracks 2 times so far, but couldn't replicate.

I have just tried the second computer twice and had no problem. I'm going to sleep now but will test the other system tomorrow evening. This is the system which I managed to recreate the issue 5x, closing xbmc making sure the process in task manager was closed each time.

Cheers
Mark.
third and probably last beta before release:
script.artistslideshow-v3.zip

as always, please test and let me know if there's any issues :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:third and probably last beta before release:
script.artistslideshow-v3.zip

as always, please test and let me know if there's any issues :-)

Thanks Ronie, will install and play today...

I had a big BBQ at our house yesterday, and 3 of the men asked "how do you do that on your TV?!" they all dutifully noted the words" XBMC" and I promised to show them how to install this excellent script. (which BTW, did NOT freeze once in 8 hours of slideshowing.

Thanks again mate,
Mark.
Offtopic warningShocked
This doesn't really have anything to do with the Artist Slideshow Script, but when i tested it out I kind of liked the cd cover with cover-art and the spinning cd and cd-art down in the left corner. I actually moved my mouse a couple of times just see it on screen after it went away after about 5 sec.
If it's not to much to ask, could you or anyone point me to the direction of what i should do to make the spinning cd with cover stay fixed in the slideshow view.
I was peeking in the Animations.xml file, but I must say, I don't know much of programming.
kardesken Wrote:If it's not to much to ask, could you or anyone point me to the direction of what i should do to make the spinning cd with cover stay fixed in the slideshow view.

hit 'i' (keyboard) or 'info' (remote) once.
this key toggles between 'always visible' and 'hide after x seconds'.
Nice one. Should have read the user manual

Thanks
Running beta3 on my Windows 7 ion box with xbmc 10.1. It works great. Can't wait to see this integrated into a few skins.

I would love a hi-res version. Why not default to the Fan Art when there are no hi-res images available?
twotime Wrote:I would love a hi-res version. Why not default to the Fan Art when there are no hi-res images available?

it might be possible, but someone already requested *not* to filter out low-res images.

so to suit everyone's needs it'd have to make it user configurable.

but then the next question is, will there be any consensus on what would qualify as high-res?
ronie Wrote:but then the next question is, will there be any consensus on what would qualify as high-res?

Why not let the user adjust a minimum width and/or height of images to be shown?

As divingmule stated here, width and height is returned by last.fm API within the URL.
ronie Wrote:so to suit everyone's needs it'd have to make it user configurable.

That seems to make the most sense.

Is the plan to turn this into a vis that can be enabled and disabled so the user can switch between milkdrop/etc and the slideshow?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Artist Slideshow Script (looking for testers!)0