[WIP] Artist Slideshow Script (looking for testers!)
twotime Wrote:Is the plan to turn this into a vis that can be enabled and disabled so the user can switch between milkdrop/etc and the slideshow?

nope, not by me anyway.
i haven't got the slightest idea how to code a vis.

maybe someone else will pick it up at some point...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
siffredi Wrote:Why not let the user adjust a minimum width and/or height of images to be shown?

yeah...why not ;-)

script.artistslideshow-v4.zip

you can configure the minimal width and height on the addon settings page.

you'll have to delete the old cached images if you want to get rid of the low-res ones you've previously downloaded:
.../userdata/Thumbnails/ArtistSlideshow
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Just tested v4 on Windows XP with XBMC 10.1.
Nothing wrong with this one. Simply does what it shoul do!

Excellent work, Ronie Nod Thank you.

Now I´ve got to find a good compromise between quality and quantity...
Looking awesome Ronie..thank you so much.

Now just waiting to see this fully integrated into skins as a visualisation replacement! I know Sharpe was waiting for this to be completed before doing that for Backrow...
the artist slideshow script is now available in the addon repo (both dharma and eden-pre)

if you're using T! svn and previously installed the skin mod,
please remove it and put the unmodified file back in place
before updating the skin (if you use the T! svn googlecode repo).

thanx to all for testing it. :-)
Hi ronie

am i right in thinking we can still have the visuals (ie milkdrop) overlayed onlop/behind the image slideshow to create the merged visuals/fanart/slideshow effect?

RBX
rudeboyx Wrote:Hi ronie

am i right in thinking we can still have the visuals (ie milkdrop) overlayed onlop/behind the image slideshow to create the merged visuals/fanart/slideshow effect?

RBX

yep, the T! svn version has it. the artist slideshow is treated in the same way as all the other options (fanart / extrafanart slideshow / cdwall).
Hi Ronie,

Thanks so much for this. Just wondering if you think there would be any possibility of adapting the script to combine images from last.fm and the extrafanart folder?

Anyone (like me) who committed to the extrafanart route might have collected a lot of nice HD images for many artists - it would be sad to have no use for them at all anymore...

Cheers Smile
kiboy6 Wrote:Just wondering if you think there would be any possibility of adapting the script to combine images from last.fm and the extrafanart folder?

the only thing the script could do is copy the extrafanart images to the artist slideshow folder, so they get included.

i didn't really like the idea to duplicate all those images...

i may be able to implement some fallback method in the skin,
show extrafanart if availalbe, otherwise use the fanart slideshow.
ronie Wrote:the only thing the script could do is copy the extrafanart images to the artist slideshow folder, so they get included.

i didn't really like the idea to duplicate all those images...

i may be able to implement some fallback method in the skin,
show extrafanart if availalbe, otherwise use the fanart slideshow.

Actually, copying all the extrafanart images over would work just fine for me...would be happy to do it manually if necessary, although if it could be automated that would obviously be much sweeter.

If I do it manually, where should they all be copied to?

For any given artist (even the ones I have extrafanart for)if I had to choose one or the other, I'd go with the last.fm slideshow, but it would be nice to have the best of both worlds.

Also, before switching over to your awesome script, I was able (in Backrow) to nominate a folder with generic music fanart images for cases when no fanart was found. Would it be feasible for a similar folder to be designated (and manually filled) for the last.fm slideshow when no artist images are found?

Thanks so much for all your work on this Ronie Smile
ronie Wrote:yep, the T! svn version has it. the artist slideshow is treated in the same way as all the other options (fanart / extrafanart slideshow / cdwall).

So, if you use the SVN version the artist images are somewhat transparent allowing you to see the visualization through the image?

I have seen this effect in other skins and really like the look.

I would imagine if using the SVN version of Transparency, you would also have to use the nightly XBMC version also, correct?

Thanks for your work on the skin and this script!
JDizzy Wrote:So, if you use the SVN version the artist images are somewhat transparent allowing you to see the visualization through the image?

I have seen this effect in other skins and really like the look.

I would imagine if using the SVN version of Transparency, you would also have to use the nightly XBMC version also, correct?

yes & yes ;-)
kiboy6 Wrote:Actually, copying all the extrafanart images over would work just fine for me...would be happy to do it manually if necessary, although if it could be automated that would obviously be much sweeter.

If I do it manually, where should they all be copied to?
well, that would be difficult as the script uses hashed foldernames,
they're created in ../userdata/Thumbnails/ArtistSlideshow.

kiboy6 Wrote:Also, before switching over to your awesome script, I was able (in Backrow) to nominate a folder with generic music fanart images for cases when no fanart was found. Would it be feasible for a similar folder to be designated (and manually filled) for the last.fm slideshow when no artist images are found?

i think in the end, in T! i'll try to implemnet this kind of fallback
1) extrafanart slideshow
2) last.fm slideshow
3) default artist fanart image
4) default music backdrop

should be enough i hope. :-)
ronie Wrote:well, that would be difficult as the script uses hashed foldernames,
they're created in ../userdata/Thumbnails/ArtistSlideshow.

i think in the end, in T! i'll try to implemnet this kind of fallback
1) extrafanart slideshow
2) last.fm slideshow
3) default artist fanart image
4) default music backdrop

should be enough i hope. :-)

That sounds great - although if the option (at script level) to copy and duplicate extrafanart images and merge 1. and 2. above were there, that would be perfection for me. Smile

Cheers!
Will this be implimented in a Dharma compatible version that will be added to the Addons/Skin section as a Transparency update?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Artist Slideshow Script (looking for testers!)0