Is themoviedb down or is it just my system?
Hi,

olympia Wrote:I've never heard any cases when it didn't happened.

this was exactly my issue after updating 10.0 to 10.1 on a win7 machine.
I thought there is a problem with the update process but got slapped for that Wink

Greetz X23
OK. Please do a fresh test install and try to reproduce it.
...and if you can, don't forget to catch and share the debug log.
I had the same problem. Youtube was not installed with the Scraper. Installed Youtube manually --> works!

I use XBMC Live from XBMC Freak...
This is still an issue in Eden Beta 1. My system does not have Youtube add-on installed as standard after installation. Adding it makes theMovieDB scraper start to work though.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
I can confirm that movie scraping via tmdb is broken due to non-inclusion of YouTube on a fresh install of the current XBMC/Eden build (as of 3 days ago.)

I am one of what I assume am many, many new downloaders (lured by the press for Eden) who at first assumed the site was down; then tried again the next night and it still wasn't working; so assumed the scraper was broken and switched to imdb; and then finally researched the issue here and saw that I just needed to manually install YouTube.

I don't want to get into a debate with more established members but I would urge you to double check the release candidate to make sure it all works out of the box.
Hi

I've have browsed many of the forums and picked up on the youtube problem... I've tried everything, from installing 10.0 - 10.1 - 11.0 .... Then on each installing, uninstalling, roll back of youtube... Yet, I can get Plot, actors etc... It refuses to scrape Movie Posters and fan art... This is with TMDB, IMDB and I even registered with Mymovies.dk...

There seems to be nothing I can do to get movie posters or fanart...

Can you guys give me any advice?

Thanks
installing youtube fixed it for me...thanks for the info
I can confirm that this is stil an issue in Eden Beta 1.
I just did a clean install on my new htpc, got the notification saying that tmdb was updated, unable to scrape.
1 day later, still unable to scrape.
After seeing this tred, Yes - YouTube is NOT installed. After installing it, it works.

Something is borked with the automatic installation of YouTube. Also the dependancy should be made clearer.

Thanks a lot for solving the problem for me though Wink
Requiem Wrote:I can confirm that this is stil an issue in Eden Beta 1.
I just did a clean install on my new htpc, got the notification saying that tmdb was updated, unable to scrape.
1 day later, still unable to scrape.
After seeing this tred, Yes - YouTube is NOT installed. After installing it, it works.

Something is borked with the automatic installation of YouTube. Also the dependancy should be made clearer.

Thanks a lot for solving the problem for me though Wink

For everyone:
YES this is a known problem!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is themoviedb down or is it just my system?0