Specific fanart in submenus and on add-ons screens
Hello,

I don't know if it's a skin based issue but :

Is there a way to show a specific background image when focusing on a submenu item, notably on the homepage ?
For example : I have a submenu "Youtube" in the "Videos" menu. When I focus on this submenu, the fanart displayed is the generic picture for "Videos", but I would prefer to see a specific "Youtube" one.
It's the same behaviour if I enter the "Youtube" plugin : the fanart displayed is the one used by the title menu where the plugin has been put (if "Youtube" is rather placed under "Pictures" than under "Videos", the fanart displayed would be the "Pictures" fanart). Is it possible to customize that too ?

Note that I saw that some add-ons have a "fanart.jpg" in their folder in "userdata" but this background image seems to be only shown while browsing the add-ons section...
webghost Wrote:Is there a way to show a specific background image when focusing on a submenu item, notably on the homepage ?
For example : I have a submenu "Youtube" in the "Videos" menu. When I focus on this submenu, the fanart displayed is the generic picture for "Videos", but I would prefer to see a specific "Youtube" one.
nope, it's not supported by T!
doesn't mean it can't be done, but it'll require some skin modifications.

webghost Wrote:Note that I saw that some add-ons have a "fanart.jpg" in their folder in "userdata" but this background image seems to be only shown while browsing the add-ons section...

it should be shown anywhere in the skin, at least it does for me.
if i put a fanart.jpg image in the plugin.video.youtube folder, it shown up fine when i browse Videos > Video Add-Ons
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Specific fanart in submenus and on add-ons screens0