Defining fonts in scripts?
Question 
Is it possible with current nightly versions to define fonts (ie make a Font.xml file) for a script? I have tried it and can't get it to work, and all of my research points to it not being possible, which seems silly.

If this is possible, could someone provide an example of a script that has used it.

If not, then why is this not possible Huh, it seems to me that this is a logical feature? Without it it is impossible to make your windows and dialogs look consistent across skins, you are at the mercy of the font settings of the users skin.

P.S. Yes i have seen issue #7171, but it is so old and hasn't been replied to that it might as well be irrelevant.
Developer working on Trakt Utilties for XBMC (Download)
Please read Getting Support before asking for support.
Bump, sorry to bump my own thread, it had just been in the wrong forum previously so it needs a bump to be seen in the new forum.
Tricky one if you ask me. You would be forcing a font that does not match rest of the skin and could most probably cause alignment problems.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Tricky one if you ask me. You would be forcing a font that does not match rest of the skin and could most probably cause alignment problems.

script have their own gui, he's not talking about plugins Wink
Oups.. :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

It's not possible, correct.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

on camelot, i've done a tricky python lib to add it's own font for a script, but i've never ported it to dharma
I'm specifically interested in adding fonts in a script built for nighties/Eden but I'm sure other would appreciate it in Dharma. I might take it up on the mailing list, but I'm particularly interested in why this isn't possible, it seems to me to be a gaping hole in scripts, the fact that you can make a gui for the script but not add any fonts seems to make the gui nearly pointless.

But that is just my point of view.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Defining fonts in scripts?0