Best offline scraper for TV & Movies
Hi all,

I've been having more and more problems lately scraping offline with media companion. It looks like the developer is no longer supporting the SW and I think the scrapers are slowly dying. What I mean is that more and more TV episodes and movies are coming out with blank nfo files or no fanart. I think this is because the website formats change a bit and the scraper isn't kept up to date.

I've found a few suggestions for other media managers to try, but I wanted to see what everyone here uses for offline scraping.

I also tried to download Ember Media Manager, but the site is down. I'm not sure if that one is gone as well.

Anyway, any suggestions that you guys might have would be most appreciated.
to do any offline scraping i believe you would have to create .nfo files for everything, might want to double check. the scrapers and emm have been working fine for me, minus the time the amazon server was down bringing parts of themoviedb.org with it.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Why are you using that method to scrape TV shows and movies? themoviedb and tvdb work quite well and, unless you have extremely rare movies/tv shows, can scrape almost 100% of stuff you through at them with nuclear missile accuracy.

After that, for good measure, export the library and keep the *nfo, *jpg, etc files in a safe place - aka backup.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:to do any offline scraping i believe you would have to create .nfo files for everything, might want to double check. the scrapers and emm have been working fine for me, minus the time the amazon server was down bringing parts of themoviedb.org with it.

Yeah, that's how I do it. I have a .nfo for every video in my library.

Dude, I don't know what the deal was, but I finally found a proper link to the EMM installer. I've only played around with it today, but it seems vastly superior to media companion. It also resolved all of the wired library issues I was getting from the media companion generated .nfos.

hudo Wrote:Why are you using that method to scrape TV shows and movies? themoviedb and tvdb work quite well and, unless you have extremely rare movies/tv shows, can scrape almost 100% of stuff you through at them with nuclear missile accuracy.

After that, for good measure, export the library and keep the *nfo, *jpg, etc files in a safe place - aka backup.

h.udo

Pretty much I do it because I have OCD about my media center. If one little thing is wrong... it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I watch a lot of TV shows on my XBMC. When I try to scrape shows that are too recent, a lot of times the info wont be on tvdb yet, so I end up with bad or blank info in my video library... which drives me nuts.

So, I pre scrape everything and if that scrape fails, I just generate an .nfo file by hand from googled info & make a .tbn off a screenshot. It's a pain in the ass, but there are zero errors in my library. A feat which I could never accomplish with the built in scrappers (as good as they are).
I use Sickbeard for TV Shows.
EMM for Movies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best offline scraper for TV & Movies0