Cached thumbnails
So im manually setting all my artwork since im using the night theme and it takes advantage of logos, clearart and landscape thumbnails. Reason im manually setting it because i cant get the logo downloader script to work. anyways not a big deal.

So ive got the manual setting of the artwork down pact. download image from fanart.tv and change the file names to logo.png, landscape.jpg etc etc

so there all working fine except for one. For one perticular TV show, the original thumbnail is displaying for the main menu aswell as for all the seasons. Its the original thumbnail from thetvdb and since im using landscape views its all stretched and looks like shit.

I've deleted the folder.jpg file from the root directory aswell as remove the source library, clean the library, readd the library, reset the content and redownload all the metadata and artwork from thetvdb, yet still it shows up with the old stretched thumbnail instead of the landscape file ive downloaded manually from fanart.tv

Because of this i believe the problem is that the image has been cached. I've found some info in the xbmc wiki page about deleting cache thumbnails unfortunately i have no idea how to use SQL and thus i cant search the textures.db file to locate the original cached source of the thumbnail. and i cant manually find the cache file cos there are a zillion cached images.

How do i delete this dam'd cached thumbnail picture?
try this, for each season, bring up the context menu
and select 'set season thumb'
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:try this, for each season, bring up the context menu
and select 'set season thumb'

nope doesnt do anything. I went into set season thumb, and then manually set it as the landscape.jpg file from the root directory, but unfortunately its still showing the original stretched thumbnail.

also ive now noticed that when i download landscaped season pics and change the file name to landscape.jpg and drop it into each season folder within the tv show root directory that the season pic remains the same pic as the original landscape.jpg pic used for the main tv shows display.

what file name do you use for season landscape pics?

*EDIT* upon further googling i've changed the file names within the season folder to season01.jpg and the season thumb still doesnt display. Its as if the original landscape.jpg is used for the main view aswell as each season view

**EDIT2** ok so upon further tinkering around, ive noticed that under the skin settings if i disable the option to use landscape view instead of thumb view, then i can go ahead and 'set season thumb' for each individual season and it displays in landscape, unfortunately now that ive disabled this option in settings the original TV shows view is back to showing a thumb view instead of landscape view

Its like i cant win here, either i get it to display the same landscape pic across the main menu as well as all seasons, or i can set each individual season a unique landscape pic but then can only set the main pic as the stretched thumb view.
Erwino Wrote:nope doesnt do anything. I went into set season thumb, and then manually set it as the landscape.jpg file from the root directory, but unfortunately its still showing the original stretched thumbnail.

also ive now noticed that when i download landscaped season pics and change the file name to landscape.jpg and drop it into each season folder within the tv show root directory that the season pic remains the same pic as the original landscape.jpg pic used for the main tv shows display.

what file name do you use for season landscape pics?

season thumbs should be in the root of the tvshow folder, not in the season folder.

see wiki:
Quote:TV Show Season Thumbnails

In the following example, the thumbnail will be used for the appropriate season in the Video Library season node. Where xx is 01, 02 etc.

TV\showfolder\seasonxx.tbn

with that in place, you should be able to 'set season thumb' and select the appropriate thumb for the season and they should show up in xbmc.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:season thumbs should be in the root of the tvshow folder, not in the season folder.

see wiki:

with that in place, you should be able to 'set season thumb' and select the appropriate thumb for the season and they should show up in xbmc.

aghh yes my mistake. I've changed the season thumbs to the root directory but i still have the same problem were i cant set the season thumb while the option in settings is enabled to display landscape's instead of thumbs.

when i disable the the option that displays landscapes instead of thumbs im able to then set the season thumbs, but then the main tv shows thumb displays the file "folder.jpg" which is not landscaped, and since its not landscaped its stretched when viewed.

even when i delete the vertical thumb file named folder.jpg and rename the landscape.jpg to folder.jpg it still displays the original folder.jpg that i deleted, it must be saving it to cache :mad:

let me attach a screen shot of my folder.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/filenames.jpg/

currently the clearart, the logo, and the backdrop is working fine.

When i have the option in settings enabled to show landscape instead of thumb view then the file folder.jpg is displayed as the main menu for the tv show instead of the landscape.jpg. also under season thumbs it displays the folder.jpg file for all seasons and it wont update when i 'set the thumb'

when i have the option in settings disabled so it shows thumb view instead of landscape then the file folder.jpg is displayed as the main menu for the tv show. also under season thumbs i am able to 'set the thumb' for the files season01.jpg etc and they are correctly displayed in landscape.
Erwino Wrote:even when i delete the vertical thumb file named folder.jpg and rename the landscape.jpg to folder.jpg it still displays the original folder.jpg that i deleted, it must be saving it to cache

it does, but you can bring up the info dialog for that tv show and select 'set thumb' from there.
it should update the tv show thumb to the newly selected one.

as for all other questions, you may head over to the night subforum.
maybe the skin has implemented some workarounds for landscape thumbs that i'm not aware of.
ronie Wrote:it does, but you can bring up the info dialog for that tv show and select 'set thumb' from there.
it should update the tv show thumb to the newly selected one.

as for all other questions, you may head over to the night subforum.
maybe the skin has implemented some workarounds for landscape thumbs that i'm not aware of.

This doesn't fix the problem either. I've set the new image through get thumb on the info diag and it even updates the pic in the info diag but when I go back to the main menu the old pic is still displayed.

How do I manually delete the cache from the apple tv2 memory?
Erwino Wrote:This doesn't fix the problem either. I've set the new image through get thumb on the info diag and it even updates the pic in the info diag but when I go back to the main menu the old pic is still displayed.

most likely the night skin requires some non-standard filenaming for landscape thumbs, so before deleting your cache i would suggest to ask for help in the night subforum :-)
Erwino Wrote:This doesn't fix the problem either. I've set the new image through get thumb on the info diag and it even updates the pic in the info diag but when I go back to the main menu the old pic is still displayed.

How do I manually delete the cache from the apple tv2 memory?

Hi, were you able to sort this? I'm having a similar issue with Aeon Nox, in that even when selecting the thumb, it does not update and the old remains, regardless of what I seem to do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cached thumbnails0