Repository addon data are being cached??
I added my repo via install from zip. Afterwards I uninstalled it and added it again (same id) but this time repo location was different than previous one.

XBMC reported addon enabled. But, XBMC "found" old icon and repo data and showed them instead. I have even forced update from context menu and XBMC was still trying to fetch the data from previous location. Ones a friend always a friend?

Just deleted everything and did a fresh install in order to make it talk to a new repo location.

This is on MAC OSX don't know about other platforms.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I think if try re-installing it'll actually use the old one stored in PACKAGES.
Hitcher Wrote:I think if try re-installing it'll actually use the old one stored in PACKAGES.

That I would understand if I choose disable.

But I have chosen uninstall and install from zip afterwards. Huh
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Un-install still leaves the zip in packages and I think if you try installing the same zip it'll use the package version.
Hitcher Wrote:Un-install still leaves the zip in packages and I think if you try installing the same zip it'll use the package version.

Hmm.. Interesting. You uninstall a skin, choose to install same skin but this time from a repo and one would expect new version to get pulled in that case. No, cached version of uninstalled skin is being used. (Yes they both have the same version in addon.xml)

If this is a desired behavior than I would say it is a very unpleasant one, but that's just mine point of view.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

did you bump the repo addon version?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:did you bump the repo addon version?

No, why should I when have chosen uninstall? I see your point, but IMO XBMC should not behave in this way. Disable should be disable (reversible), but uninstall should send it to trash.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I found issues with this in the past. Even plugins that have incremented version numbers (within addon.xml) were being disregared in favour of the cached one in packages.

My solution was to ensure that the version number was in the filename, which then didn;t match any cached version.

Strange to see it happen via a repo - I take it that the repo file format you are downloading is a zip? (as apposed to the individual source files)..
hippojay Wrote:Strange to see it happen via a repo - I take it that the repo file format you are downloading is a zip? (as apposed to the individual source files)..

Yup it's a zip.

XBMC checks a version number and if it's the same it uses cached version even if you're trying to pull one from a repo and despite the fact that you previously uninstalled that add-on it's keeping it in cache.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Uninstalling an addon will keep it in packages, yes. Most other package managers work exactly the same way - it's to save you from redownloading if you need to reinstall it for some reason.

With that said, as long as the version is incremented, it should not load from a local package - reason is simple: We construct the local package name using addonid + version number, so as long as one or both don't match there won't be a local package.

If it's not working then we'll need a reproducible case so that we can see it for ourselves (and thus fix the issue).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My guess is the reason its loading the old one is the repo hasn't been refreshed in xbmc yet to tell it a new version exists
jmarshall Wrote:Uninstalling an addon will keep it in packages, yes. Most other package managers work exactly the same way - it's to save you from redownloading if you need to reinstall it for some reason.

Well, if it's intended to act like that, and I find it confusing and don't like it at all, there is nothing to fix.

See my first post you get in all kinds of trouble while trying to test your repo as cached version is taking a precedence of info being loaded through install from zip.

Another question is how do I really remove unwanted plugin? I don't want to hide it with uninstall, I want to get rid of it.

See, if I uninstall plugin by mistake I can be angry at myself and re-download. If you keep saving me from myself and I waste several hours because of it, I tend to get angry at XBMC:-p
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Another question is how do I really remove unwanted plugin? I don't want to hide it with uninstall, I want to get rid of it.

manually delete it from the addons/packages folder should work i guess..
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Install from zip should ideally not touch the packages folder at all - it should certainly not touch the packages folder if the version has changed. If it's doing that, then I agree it needs fixing. My guess is it may not be as easy to fix as one would like though...

A way to reproduce is to download a zipped repo, install from zip, then uninstall, alter the version of the repo, and try and install again?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:A way to reproduce is to download a zipped repo, install from zip, then uninstall, alter the version of the repo, and try and install again?

I wasn't bumping version of the repo as I was expecting old version to be deleted when I choose uninstall.

I just wasn't aware of this "we will save you" system - i.e. you can delete it but we will keep it :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Repository addon data are being cached??0