[HOW TO] Build Ambilight on Linux (AppleTV; Sams image; Ubuntu 8.04;...)
With illiac4 scripts I have a problem. After close boblightd (with kill script) when I start again boblightd (with the other script) I have FLICKERING Sad

All is runnning perfect if I start/kill boblightd in Terminal...

Whats wrong?

Thank you!
this looks great - any pointers on how you can get more channels? is it a different board that I need?
tocinillo Wrote:With illiac4 scripts I have a problem. After close boblightd (with kill script) when I start again boblightd (with the other script) I have FLICKERING Sad

All is runnning perfect if I start/kill boblightd in Terminal...

Whats wrong?

Thank you!
Check that you're not running boblightd twice.

Anastrophe Wrote:this looks great - any pointers on how you can get more channels? is it a different board that I need?
You could use two or more controllers, or use an arduino with a TLC5940 using this howto http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/TLC5940 this arduino code http://code.google.com/p/boblight/source...lc5940.pde and this config file http://code.google.com/p/boblight/source...c5940.conf

You can connect several TCL5940 ic's to the arduino.
It's nice to hear that this tutorial has helped some of youSmile
One question; did someone successfully been able to auto start-up boblight-x11 an ATV?

Are you using all four channels?
Which platform did you use (Arduino mega?)?
Did you use the same components?

Cheers
Thanks, illiac, for the tutorial and easy to follow information. I just stumbled upon this and was wondering if this works the same on the latest XBMC Live setup, and if you've had any success with starting and stopping it through the GUI.

Thanks once more, and if anyone else has advice it's greatly appreciated! I look to order some parts shortly to add this to my setup. Way too cool, guys.
Try using at and adding 60 seconds to current time to schedule it to start 60 seconds after XBMC has. This should fix your problem.
Hi

i also want a solution for starting it automatic

i tried today about 7 hours with a lot of way.... but i don´t find a way to
start it automatic....

or even with a addon (executor, launcher)
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
please help somone.......
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
Did someone succeed with auto startup?
Hi!

Well here you can see some pictures of power circuit that I have build. This is just for better ''imagination''.
You have to be careful that you do insert some sort of isolation between the Arduino and power circuit.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64262741@N03/

Also when soldering use paste to achieve good contacts between the components and solder. And when you are finished done soldering clean the PCB board (i have used Acetone and brush) to avoid conductibility between electronic parts. Also double check that there is no shortcuts between transistors.
Hi!
Well i've been using this setup now for more than a month and it is working great.
There is one thing that it bothers me.

In XBMC i have setup to blank the display (in screen-saver option) after 5 minutes. With that it is possible to shut down the ambilight.
But even after black screen-saver sometimes the lights start to blink (flashes for some time) and then goes blank again.

I assume that some impulses are coming even if the screen-saver is set to blank.

Maybe bobo1on1 has an idea how the full sleep function can be enabled or anyone else?
If i setup the display off in settings the lights goes on after display turns off. So the only option at the moment is black screen-saver.
Thumbs Up 
illiac4 Wrote:Hi!

Well here you can see some pictures of power circuit that I have build. This is just for better ''imagination''.
You have to be careful that you do insert some sort of isolation between the Arduino and power circuit.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64262741@N03/

Also when soldering use paste to achieve good contacts between the components and solder. And when you are finished done soldering clean the PCB board (i have used Acetone and brush) to avoid conductibility between electronic parts. Also double check that there is no shortcuts between transistors.

Hi! Thanks for the pictures!! Oh my gosh; these are great. I just have one question for you: for the transistor, did you just cut or remove the C (Collector)? Or did that go someplace else that I'm not seeing?

Thanks a bunch for any information!
brimnac Wrote:Hi! Thanks for the pictures!! Oh my gosh; these are great. I just have one question for you: for the transistor, did you just cut or remove the C (Collector)? Or did that go someplace else that I'm not seeing?

Thanks a bunch for any information!

Dur. I figured it out (they were just bent).

Thanks.
Yes they are bent Smile On first post you can see shematics.
Well this question will most likely know the author of boblight.

I'm using this amblone mode on ATV with Sams ubuntu 8.04 install.

To dim the lights i'm using screensaver and set them to 'black'. The problem is that even when it turns black the lights are sometimes still flashing totally random. Sometimes more and sometimes less or even nothing. But mostly the flash here and there even when screensaver 'black' is active.

Does someone has an idea why is this so or, how can it be achieved that they stay off when black sceensaver is active?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] Build Ambilight on Linux (AppleTV; Sams image; Ubuntu 8.04;...)1