Python script to change xbmc system settings
just a small bump....especially now i have my shiny new Nyxboard Remote I would so love to be able to switch screens without either: a) Having to close XBMC and then re-open it, or b) turning on the screen I don;t want tjust to access the system menu and switch over to the screen I do want.

Thanks!
And another bump....

The inability to seamlessly switch between monitors is the only rough edge to my HTPC setup...would so love to find a way to resolve it.

Thanks!
Bump again....is still nobody able to one-press switch display screens while playing music? Especially with the increasing popularity of projectors I'm surprised there is still AFAIK no way of doing this....

This profile switch patch would have done the trick, but it seems it never made it into XBMC?
And another bump.
Anyone found a way to one-press switching displays already?
It is now possible with the help of Eventghost or another automation program. Some time ago a XBMC update included the improved behaviour where XBMC would auto-change it's resolution when moved between different sized screens.

So now all one has to do is extend your display over both screens and map a remote button to an EventGhost task that moves the XBMC instance from one screen to another. XBMC will auto adjust to the required new resolution Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python script to change xbmc system settings1