Performance
I have a couple of questions about performance:

On my Asrock ION, with an Atom CPU, Neon (previous SVNs and the stable) can from time to time spend quite a bit of time loading screens, especially after having watched a movie or episode, where the hang-up can last ~6-7 seconds. I'm pretty sure that the earliest versions of Neon were faster in this regard. Upon home screen loading, disabling "recently added" increases speed a bit. All in al, compared to Aeon Nox, Neon is quite a bit slower. While gazing dramatically into the horizon, I dream about Neon being as quick as Confluence :o

Now don't get me wrong, it would take a lot more for me to leave Neon, but I'm wondering, stoli, whether you have any thoughts about performance improvement. I have yet to switch to Nightly builds, so I don't know how much they affect skin performance(?).
Hi,

I also have the Asrock Ion, with win7 64, 4Gb ram, 64gb SDD, with Dharma and stable passion repository Neo, and the same behavior...

After seeing a movie, when it returns to the movies menu (for example), xbmc stutters/hangs for a while...
Could be a few things - are you using Trakt or Sharethe.TV? Try disabling them and then watch a movie/show. Additionally, enable debugging, watch the movie, get the delay, and then post the log file.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Could be a few things - are you using Trakt or Sharethe.TV? Try disabling them and then watch a movie/show. Additionally, enable debugging, watch the movie, get the delay, and then post the log file.

Not using any of those. The box is on W7 64 bit. I just figured the CPU was responsible for the delay, but I'll try making a debug log.
I also wanted to make a remark, while on the home screen, logged in via SSH , top gives me a load of :
load average: 0.92, 0.95, 0.92
PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
1279 xbmc 20 0 238m 102m 30m S 19 5.1 16:48.09 xbmc.bin

While I run the same setup with the Aeon MQ2, I only get 10%cpu and a load average of 0.20
Any tips here for reducing the load while in the home screen?
I tried reducing some views in the skin settings, it helped with Aeon MQ; but does not seem to help here
adytum Wrote:I have a couple of questions about performance:

On my Asrock ION, with an Atom CPU, Neon (previous SVNs and the stable) can from time to time spend quite a bit of time loading screens, especially after having watched a movie or episode, where the hang-up can last ~6-7 seconds. I'm pretty sure that the earliest versions of Neon were faster in this regard. Upon home screen loading, disabling "recently added" increases speed a bit. All in al, compared to Aeon Nox, Neon is quite a bit slower. While gazing dramatically into the horizon, I dream about Neon being as quick as Confluence :o

If you can, get me a debug log when this lag occurs - there is no reason for that over another skin...

EDIT: I just tried a couple of episodes and movies and it was just a second or so from the end to returning to the listings. A log may indeed help to figure out what's up.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Performance0