Extrafanart and extrathumbs
Is there some underlying reason there has to be folders for both? It seems they both use the same fanart images, one for extrathumbs and of course one to use for the extrafanart views. But why can't one folder be used for both? Is there any reason I should not go into the xml code and point every skin reference from extrathumbs to extrafanart or vice versa? And if it is this easy, why not have an option in settings to choose the folder used for both (that way people could have them separate or save space by using the same folder for both)?
i have no clue...i never use them myself, i just blindly implement all user requests ;-)

i'd say extrathumbs are usually much smaller than extrafanart images
and you don't want to use these small thumbs as background images?

but then again...i never collected either of those myself...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yea, I kinda figured as much, was thinking the same thing. The only problem with that is I bet 9 out of 10 people get their extrathumbs from one of the media managers like ember or metabrowser and they pull the extrathumbs at full fanart size anyways. So in essence, since there is no "thumbs" scrappers out there pulling smaller images (none that i know of anyways), only the bigger ones from imdb; could we get that option in the XBMC settings to use the same folders for both?
Invincer Wrote:could we get that option in the XBMC settings to use the same folders for both?

will look into it...
for now, just do a find and replace in Includes_Workarounds.xml
to change extrafanart to extrathumbs.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I wouldn't want thumbs that are 1920x1080 it would slow things right down

Best way I found to get extrathumbs was to use the firefox addon for Bulk Image Downloader and use it on the moviepicturedb it could strip all the larger images from the page of preview thumbs which were ideal as they were around 600x400 in size
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extrafanart and extrathumbs0