Scraping Issues - even after research
I have approximately 200 DVDs ripped in .vob files and then encoded in .m4v format using handbrake.

The directory structure goes like this -> \videos\ (then the .m4v file)
So, with a movie 'The Italian Job', the location and filename would be as follows:
\videos\The Italian Job (2003).m4v (MP4)

I store these files on a Synology DS211j NAS and enabled media streaming (which created video, music, and photo folders for me automatically). I put my .m4v files in the video folder and XBMC was able to find the location and it's files. This is working for now but I am working on getting the SMB protocol to work.

Even with that setup, XBMC still manages to load totally wrong information for every single file. So instead of The Italian Job, it'll give me info for Case 39 or something else completely off.

What am I doing wrong?
All 200 movies scrape wrong? What scraper are you using? I have found using IMDB to work the best. I just installed xbmc on my atv2 with a 800 movie collection and all but maybe 20 movies didn't scrape correctly. I also would leave the year off the move file also. I have never had good outcomes having the year on the movie if it is a remake of an older movie.
I pretty much gave up on the XBMC scraper. I'm using Ember now, and despite XBMC continuing to load it's own cover art, I'm getting the rest of the movie loaded properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping Issues - even after research0