What causes this warning in log file?
Hi Guy's,

I'm going thru my skin and cleaning up some old baggage and have spotted the following warnings in the debug log.

WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture default-button.png
WARNING: CGUITextureManager::ReleaseTexture: Unable to release texture default-button.png

Can someone in the know explain what is going on and what action (if any) is required to remove the issue. The skin is working just fine, so it's not a real issue, but would like to tidy things up if possible.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
I guess this is a bump, but would any of the friendly neighborhood devs care to comment on this. I think I have pinned the offending code down, but I'm blowed if I can see what is wrong with it.
PHP Code:
<!-- main buttons -->
        <
control type="list" id="5">
            <
posx>375</posx>
            <
posy>130</posy>
            <
height>360</height>
            <
width>305</width>
            <
focusposition>3</focusposition>
            <
movement>4</movement>
            <
onleft>5</onleft>
            <
onright>5</onright>
            <
onup>5</onup>
            <
ondown>5</ondown>
            <
scrolltime>1</scrolltime>
            <
preloaditems>5</preloaditems>
            <
itemlayout height="45">
                <
control type="label">
                    <
posx>15</posx>
                    <
posy>-4</posy>
                    <
width>270</width>
                    <
height>45</height>
                    <
info>ListItem.label</info>
                    <
aligny>center</aligny>
                    <
font>font13</font>
                    <
textcolor>button-text</textcolor>
                    <
shadowcolor>shadow-text</shadowcolor>
                </
control>
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>275</posx>
                    <
posy>8</posy>
                    <
width>22</width>
                    <
height>22</height>
                    <
texture>scroll-right.png</texture>
                    <
aspectratio align="right">keep</aspectratio>
                </
control>
            </
itemlayout>
            <
focusedlayout height="45">
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>0</posx>
                    <
posy>-2</posy>
                    <
width>305</width>
                    <
height>45</height>
                    <
texture>default-button.png</texture>
                </
control>
                <
control type="label">
                    <
posx>15</posx>
                    <
posy>-4</posy>
                    <
width>270</width>
                    <
height>45</height>
                    <
info>ListItem.label</info>
                    <
aligny>center</aligny>
                    <
font>font13</font>
                    <
textcolor>button-text</textcolor>
                    <
shadowcolor>shadow-text</shadowcolor>
                </
control>
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>275</posx>
                    <
posy>8</posy>
                    <
width>22</width>
                    <
height>22</height>
                    <
texture>scroll-right-focus.png</texture>
                    <
aspectratio align="right">keep</aspectratio>
                </
control>
            </
focusedlayout
I can't see anything wrong with the above code (part of my home.xml file), but each of the image controls seems to generate the previous log messages.

Now it may seem like a pointless goose chase, but looking to see what has caused the log messages has uncovered three minor bugs in my code, so it has proved useful. Would just be nice to confirm that there are no other bugs lurking here.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

hope you don't mind a wild guess:
try without <preloaditems>

iirc the max value for preloaditems is 2 in lists
and since you"re not loading any icons in your list, it might not be needed anyway...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:hope you don't mind a wild guess:
try without <preloaditems>

iirc the max value for preloaditems is 2 in lists
and since you"re not loading any icons in your list, it might not be needed anyway...
ronie,
Your wild guesses tend to be much better than mine, that and you are dead right should not really be there. Removed the <preloaditems> and the warnings are still there. So no that is not what is causing it. But thanks just the same.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

What happens if you make a copy of that texture and load that instead?
Hitcher Wrote:What happens if you make a copy of that texture and load that instead?
Hitcher,

Good suggestion. What I have just done is download a separate copy of the skin from the Passion repo, and re-run from there (so that is a kind of making a new copy of textures file).

So what I have learn from the log file is that the latest version of my skin (in a virgin state) has reduced the time to start the initial home screen by just shy of 100ms. So the poking around has certainly helped things a bit.

Bad news is that there is still the warning messages in the log file, but I have also seen that it does not just relate to the section of code in the home screen. Issue seems to be triggered when I come back to home.xml from myvideonav.xml. I then see the listed warning messages
PHP Code:
DEBUGCApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction Translating ReloadSkin()

DEBUGCApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction To ReloadSkin()

INFOUnloading old skin ...

DEBUGCGUIAudioManager::DeInitialize
 DEBUG
Thread 7408 terminating
 DEBUG
: ------ Window Deinit (MyVideoNav.xml) ------

DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------

DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogMuteBug.xml) ------

WARNINGCGUITextureManager::CleanupHaving to cleanup texture scroll-right.png
 WARNING
CGUITextureManager::CleanupHaving to cleanup texture default-button.png
 WARNING
CGUITextureManager::CleanupHaving to cleanup texture scroll-right-focus.png
 DEBUG
CTextureBundleXBT::Cleanup Closed bundle
 INFO
:   load skin from:C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.xtv-saf.svn
 INFO
: Default 4:3 resolution directory is C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.xtv-saf.svn\PAL
 INFO
: Default 16:9 resolution directory is C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.xtv-saf.svn\PAL16x9
 INFO
Loading skin includes from C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.xtv-saf.svn\PAL\includes.xml
 INFO
:   load fonts for skin...

INFOLoading colors from C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.xtv-saf.svn\colors\SKINDEFAULT.xml
 INFO
Loading fonts from C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.xtv-saf.svn\720p\Font.xml
 INFO
:   load new skin...

INFOLoading skin fileHome.xml
 INFO
Loading user windowspath C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.xtv-saf.svn\PAL
 DEBUG
Load Skin XML123.18ms
 INFO
:   initialize new skin... 
The three images listed at the top of the log fragment are the three images shown in the code shown a couple of messages back. So from that I guess it looks like it really is a problem relating to the return from myvideonav.xml. It is causing the problem with those images because that where home.xml 'comes to rest' straight afterwards. What do you think? (Rubbish, found issue as explained in next message)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Ok, thanks guys, found what the issue is.

Going back thru the log file got me wondering what the ReloadSkin() was doing there. So I looked thru my code and found this in my <content> block for the list group posted previously

PHP Code:
<item>
       <
icon>icon-tv.png</icon>
       <
thumb>icon-tv-blur1.png</thumb>
       <
label>31027</label>
       <include 
condition="!Skin.String(tv-libraryentry)">TVLibraryTitle</include>
       <include 
condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(tv-libraryentry),$LOCALIZE[369])">TVLibraryTitle</include>
       <include 
condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(tv-libraryentry),$LOCALIZE[20108])">TVLibraryRoot</include>
       <include 
condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(tv-libraryentry),$LOCALIZE[20387])">TVLibraryRecentlyadded</include>
       <include 
condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(tv-libraryentry),$LOCALIZE[135])">TVLibraryGenres</include>
       <include 
condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(tv-libraryentry),$LOCALIZE[652])">TVLibraryYears</include>
       <include 
condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(tv-libraryentry),$LOCALIZE[344])">TVLibraryActors</include>
       <include 
condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(tv-libraryentry),$LOCALIZE[20388])">TVLibraryStudios</include>
       <
onclick>ReloadSkin()</onclick>
       <
visible>Skin.HasSetting(tv-library)</visible>
       <
visible>!Skin.HasSetting(home-tv)</visible>
</
item
So what I was doing was pulling the rug out from under the feet of those three image files (that's what the warning message is telling you). I commented out the ReloadSkin() and the warning messages went away.

Now I just have to decide if I actually need the ReloadSkin() call or can I do without it. And as a side note, commenting out four of those calls in the home.xml reduced the startup time of home.xml by a further 40ms (not a big deal really, but interesting none the less).

Thanks to everyone for providing a sounding board.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What causes this warning in log file?0