• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
BlueCop Wrote:eTip: I would say that FOX probably needs an updated librtmp to work correctly. I know there is compiled librtmp.dll for windows and it is easy to update on linux. I am not sure the easiest way for appletv2.

I did some Googling but can't figure out what I need to do on ATV2 regarding librtmp. It may be too complicated to bother with but any pointers or suggestions are welcome.
I just committed an update that added The CW, FX, TNT, and TBS.

t0mm0: proxy stuff will be added back soon. I forgot I commented it out.

mrdally204: yea it currently doesn't work ethier. sorry... it will have a universal bit rate limit soon.

eTip: I can try to compile it on my mac. give me a little bit.

I am sure it has more problems too. I just committed it even though its rough because I found it useful already.
im from the UK and this works here! awesome!!

i thought it would be blocked like most american tv shows but it isnt.

the FOX is not working.

CBS is blocked, but if you fire up hotspot shield it works!
Thank you very much, BlueCop, for the great addon. ABC, CBS, NBC and FX all work well on my ATV2. I haven't had much luck, though, with the others. Thanks again.
same here.. ABC, CBS, NBC and FX all work fine ATV2. No luck with the others
BlueCop Wrote:I just committed an update that added The CW, FX, TNT, and TBS.

eTip: I can try to compile it on my mac. give me a little bit.

No worries, no hurry - but I will definitely check it out when done. I am guessing that's why the other ATV folks are having issues?
anyway you can add an option for atv2 users to show they are using an atv2 and block the sites that are not working. that way we only have the ones that are working.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
See below
Hi BlueCop,

I was able to get your add-on to load up and function perfectly on xbmc4xbox after commenting out the settings section in your common.py. Before doing this, it would error out with the message attached below. I am not sure if you have any interest in supporting the xbox or not, but I figured I would give you this information as you are just starting out with this fantastic script, and I'm sure the xbox community would love to have access to it. The first pastebin will be the original error message. The second will be the comments-out I have made. Please do give this some thought. I have a few other devices I use as well with xbmc, but having the ol xbox function with new add-ons would be a great thing!

Error message = http://pastebin.com/Qck0JUNQ

Comment-outs line 43-47 _common.py = http://pastebin.com/xk0DV1bS

*EDIT*
After a bit more testing (XBMC4Xbox 3.0.1) every station (web site) loaded up videos exactly as expected. The ol Xbox has a limited CPU, so the sites that would load up the HD h264 streams would max out the CPU and drop frames, but they were all playable!

*EDIT 2*
The error for the 2 arguments when 1 is expected actually occurs on a lot of your add-ons when trying to play on xbox. can you maybe give some insight as to what you see?
NBC -> Full Episodes -> Shows Available

I get this error.

08:54:37 T:1124 M:2444955648 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\default.py", line 43, in ?
modes ( )
File "C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\default.py", line 39, in modes
exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\lib\nbc.py", line 39, in showroot
data = common.getURL(url)
File "C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\lib\_common.py", line 83, in getURL
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\urllib2.py", line 130, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data)
File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\urllib2.py", line 350, in open
protocol = req.get_type()
File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\urllib2.py", line 233, in get_type
raise ValueError, "unknown url type: %s" % self.__original
ValueError: unknown url type: /video/library/full-episodes/
08:54:37 T:1124 M:2444955648 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
Smile 
Thanks BlueCop keep up the good work. I live in the UK and ABC,FX and NBC work brilliantly. I think the others need some kind of proxy work around as you have mentioned. Hotspot Shield doesn't seem to work for me since a few months ago. Hopefully a work around for non US residents can be found.

Awesome work so far, thanks for putting in the time and effort.
Sorry, I must be slow or something. I still haven't been able to find the file/repo. The link on the first page leads me to the repo: repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins.zip which does not have the free cable video add-on. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that there was a separate file to download. Can someone point me to it?
It's there - in Bluecop's repo. You may need to refresh the repo. Don't know your setup but I am on ATV2 & to do that I go to Addons, Get Addons, highlight BlueCop then PRESS AND HOLD Select. That should bring up a menu where you can choose "Force Refresh"
Thanks e, I'm on ATV2 as well but I didn't know about the force refresh. It's working now.

Thanks bluecop, I wish I had the ability to create brilliant add ons. We're eternally grateful (and I think I can speak for everyone on that)!
CableGator!
CableGator!

sorry. I'll be quiet now. But I still think you should call this add-on CableGator.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator10