• 49(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
Hey guys, that's the way a community of an open source project should be !
Contribution, suggestions, ideas, testing, tolerance and comprehension for hearing NO, will not be integrated Smile (cheers Pat) Smile
Thanx mad-max for the kind words ...

We don't have to forget Malexx as he was the one who started with the idea of cirrus extended and was able to integrate a lot of stuff and help me out on several problems!

Saying that : TOGETHER WE ARE STRONG ! Smile
PatrickBateman Wrote:@butcha
Just thinking... There is an option In the menu that was added a while back for removing the poster in then pause screen? Could an option therefore be adapted from that to remove the image from the info display (when watching a tv show only) or would that not be possible? Just trying to think of other ways to resolve my OCD issues with that menu lol Smile

Hi Pat, i am thinking to remove completely the thumbs for "non movies" stuff ... i really don't like to see a squished thumb when a video file is playing or a thumb of the episode level of a tvshow. So i think there will be no option, but a radical decision:
I'll remove them ! Smile
Credits List in case you haven't noticed: Here:

Actual todo and bugfix List cirrus extended v2: Here:
Hey guys,
i really would love to see cirrus extended v2 in action with all the features available ... and curious how people have configured their system, as there are a lot of them ... Smile so please post your videos here ! That would be just amazing !
particularly a large collection of games with different consoles ... as i've coded the hole ALA Stuff but never used it ... LOL Laugh

Screenshots, Slideshows ... whatever, feel free to post them here !

I tensely waiting for your comments !

Go go go Wink
I will try and put a video up for you some point soon as I use ALA a fair bit for various consoles/emu's etc I also have live TV running so it may make a nice example of what your skin is capable of (and what others should live up too).
butchabay Wrote:Hi Pat, i am thinking to remove completely the thumbs for "non movies" stuff ... i really don't like to see a squished thumb when a video file is playing or a thumb of the episode level of a tvshow. So i think there will be no option, but a radical decision:
I'll remove them ! Smile

Now i like that idea much better than mine Smile

I totally agree, they dont look great, but i suppose the hangover of that option is what to replace them with? Hmmm...

Ill post a few screenies of mine but as im on a revo and go for speed/performane it will be very basic in comparison to many. I try to get the best performance and sleek lightweight style from my setup and therefore it may not look as bling as some of the others Smile

I am however, very interested in having someone send over a copy of a preconfigured xbmc setup, with all the bells and whistles, addons and launchers etc all set up and ready to go if anyone is feeling generous Laugh

I have a mamecollection, and snes emus etc... however i've yet to get xbmc to work with them Confused

@butch
One other think i mentioned earlier (and was trying to do) was to increase the overall size of the posters that scroll along the bottom of the standard fanart view.

I think they are still currently all a tad too small.

I have tried messing around with the xml, however all i mananaged to do was to increase the size of the posters (which improved the look and readability of all the posters) but it messed up the spacing and flow of the posters when scrolling through my dvd collection...

They dont need increasing much, but i think a slight increase in size of the posters when in fanart view would improve the readability/visibility of the standard fanart view when viewing from 10ft.

Looking forward to the next release and will post some screenshots of my setup on my little acer aspire revo Smile
PatrickBateman Wrote:I have tried messing around with the xml, however all i mananaged to do was to increase the size of the posters (which improved the look and readability of all the posters) but it messed up the spacing and flow of the posters when scrolling through my dvd collection...

They dont need increasing much, but i think a slight increase in size of the posters when in fanart view would improve the readability/visibility of the standard fanart view when viewing from 10ft.

Looking forward to the next release and will post some screenshots of my setup on my little acer aspire revo Smile
Pat, send me the file that you've modded and I'll take a look at the spacing and then, if I can, tell you what you need to do!
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
PatrickBateman Wrote:Now i like that idea much better than mine Smile

I totally agree, they dont look great, but i suppose the hangover of that option is what to replace them with? Hmmm...

Ill post a few screenies of mine but as im on a revo and go for speed/performane it will be very basic in comparison to many. I try to get the best performance and sleek lightweight style from my setup and therefore it may not look as bling as some of the others Smile

I am however, very interested in having someone send over a copy of a preconfigured xbmc setup, with all the bells and whistles, addons and launchers etc all set up and ready to go if anyone is feeling generous Laugh

I have a mamecollection, and snes emus etc... however i've yet to get xbmc to work with them Confused

@butch
One other think i mentioned earlier (and was trying to do) was to increase the overall size of the posters that scroll along the bottom of the standard fanart view.

I think they are still currently all a tad too small.

I have tried messing around with the xml, however all i mananaged to do was to increase the size of the posters (which improved the look and readability of all the posters) but it messed up the spacing and flow of the posters when scrolling through my dvd collection...

I'll see what i can place in the empty section then ...

About Fanart view, just tell me the size you want and i'll do it ... ok?
retro11 Wrote:I will try and put a video up for you some point soon as I use ALA a fair bit for various consoles/emu's etc I also have live TV running so it may make a nice example of what your skin is capable of (and what others should live up too).

That would be great ! Looking forward ...
butchabay Wrote:I'll see what i can place in the empty section then ...

About Fanart view, just tell me the size you want and i'll do it ... ok?

Hey, That would be awesome Nod

The problem i am having is this...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When i mess with the sizes etc they all fall out of alignment? Ive tinkered away but im not having much succcess lol

Ideally i just think all the posters need increasing in size just a fraction to allow them to be more visible/readable from the 10ft menu.

Currently (as you have them) they fit, sit and look amazing, they are perfectly symetrical etc and i think, overall they just need a minor increase in size (keeping the same aspect ratio, positioning, look and feel as you have already etc) will give us a more legible set of dvd covers, when sitting on the sofa.

Ill keep trying though, but you can see the damage i did there and all i did was increase the size ofthe dvd cover that was highlighted.... (i think) lol Blush
I don't know if it's a bug or a willing of Butcha, but the volume bar on my setup has always been in the upper right. Or maybe it's because my TV is just HD, not FullHD...

I prefer it centered

For those who would like to change its position, here is the trick (just edit the XXX until you are satisfied):

File:
720p/DialogVolumeBar.xml

<window id="104">
<defaultcontrol>1</defaultcontrol>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,-40" end="0,0" time="100">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-40" delay="400" time="100">WindowClose</animation>
<controls>
<control type="group">
<posx>480</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<control type="image">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>-10</posy>
<width>300</width>
<height>50</height>
Another thing I keep manually changing on every new release.
it's a little detail, but well, I like corporate things.

Basically it changes the blue color texts in the Weather/WeatherPlus section into the corporate CirrusEx orange.

It would be nice if Butcha could make this mini-tweak into 2.05

File:
Colors/defaults.xml

<colors>
<color name="white">FFFFFFFF</color>
<color name="grey">FFb4b4b4</color>
<color name="grey2">88FFFFFF</color>
<color name="grey3">33FFFFFF</color>
<color name="black">FF000000</color>
<color name="blue">FFEB9E17</color>
<color name="selected">FFEB9E17</color>
<color name="dialogheader">DDced8da</color>
<color name="orange">FFB88A00</color>
</colors>
@nowall
Never touched the volume bar ... Maybe you just have to calibrate the screen in xbmc?
About orange color in weather plus, sure i'll keep in mind to change it! Thanx ...

@pat
You want to increase all the items or just the focused one?
N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:Another thing I keep manually changing on every new release.
it's a little detail, but well, I like corporate things.

Basically it changes the blue color texts in the Weather/WeatherPlus section into the corporate CirrusEx orange.

It would be nice if Butcha could make this mini-tweak into 2.05

File:
Colors/defaults.xml

<colors>
<color name="white">FFFFFFFF</color>
<color name="grey">FFb4b4b4</color>
<color name="grey2">88FFFFFF</color>
<color name="grey3">33FFFFFF</color>
<color name="black">FF000000</color>
<color name="blue">FFEB9E17</color>
<color name="selected">FFEB9E17</color>
<color name="dialogheader">DDced8da</color>
<color name="orange">FFB88A00</color>
</colors>

Cheers,

2 very nice little edits there that make a big difference Smile

The weather screen looks more fitting now, its still got double images and needs work, but it looks more fitting with the rest of the skin.

I like these little changes and edits nowall... Do you have any more Smile

Is it possible the volume bar was to the right to avoid overlapping the time/date etc when on the home screen and reducing the volume? I personally don use xbmc for volume control so never noticed but for the sake of OCD i have moved it to 480 lol

Ive added your settingds backgrounds in and i agree that the second version you posted were the better of the 2.

Im considering adapting your grey background and the boxed icons to work as part of the home screen in the same way. They are very nice and look very clean.

My revo moves slowly between menu images (as menu/system images are not dds) so i am constantly looking for the fastest/lightest/most elegant and efficent way to run mt HTPC. Thanks to CEv2 this is possible without loosing out on any features Smile

@butcha Looking forward to the next release, let me know if you need it bug testing and ill get right on it. Also looking forward to seeing how others use this skin, its so configurable itll be nice to see how it fits in with everyone tastes and HTPC power etc Nod

Edit:
@butch... Yea, I think all the posters need increasing in size margonally... including the focussed item. They dont need to be increased a lot, but i do think there is a lot of wasted black space around them that could be used to increasing their visability at 10ft... if that makes sense lol Smile

It may be better to do it as an option rather than increase them for everyone as some may like the smaller version if they are viewing on a smaller set such as a laptop etc... on my 47" 1080p tv from 10ft they are a tad small.. Maybe an option "Enable large Posters in fanart" in the skin settings?
PatrickBateman Wrote:Cheers,

1) I like these little changes and edits nowall... Do you have any more Smile
2) Ive added your settingds backgrounds in and i agree that the second version you posted were the better of the 2.

3) Im considering adapting your grey background and the boxed icons to work as part of the home screen in the same way. They are very nice and look very clean.

1) sorry dude I have no more ammos in code editing.
The other little tricks I had were already added by Butcha in previous releases.
The last thing I keep manually change is the weather background because the one by default makes, in my opinion, the weather text not very readable. But it's just a wallpaper I downloaded from the net, I guess it's useless to share

2) cool! During the day I updated the boxed version: I added the "live" text on the LiveTV icon, be sure to have this version

3) I look forward to see the results, particularly if you design new symbols, I hope you'll share them!
In the grey background, if you want to reproduce the little trick I used with the lasers beams changeing slightly their color when navigating it's simple: in Photoshop, taking the blank grey I provided, just apply a CTRL+U (Image/Settings/Hue&Saturation) on its layer with these indicative values: on each new background, deduct -10 or so in the Hue field.
That is, Background item 1: Hue 0, background item 2: Hue -10, Background item 3: Hue -20, Background item 4: Hue -30 etc, not forgetting to reverse these values when you come closer to the last item of the XBMC main menu (to avoid to have an abrupt color change when you loop from last item to first item in the menu)

...4) I guess it's not possible, but I wish there was an option, just for the system tab at least, to select several pictures for a section background and make them slide, without animation but with just crossfade. This way I could have fun making, let's say, 2 or 3 slightly different icons on settings background per section, to obtain a kind of "pulsating light" effect of the icon, or for example an effect looking like shining gold with a light reflect running in the orange parts.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v213