• 15(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
butchabay Wrote:I've researched to see how BBFC Rating Flags should be named. In Skin Night Purity for example there is:

bbfc_r18.png

and in cirrus:

UK_r18.png

Please could you share your modified includesCodingFlagging.xml ? So i can put it in the next update?

Thanx
Butcha,

I didn't change your skin!

Given that Ember Media Manager (which a lot of people seem to use) prefixes UK MPAA ratings with "UK:" and this is what your skin is looking for (<visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,UK:U)</visible>), I thought it best to modify the scraper I was using to provide the right ratings.

I'm using the "IMDB + Rotten Tomatoes" scraper and my fix is here.

Any chance you could answer my question about the horizontal menu animation (i.e. where's the code that animates the WindowClose bit?).

Thanks,

el_P
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Butcha,

I didn't change your skin!

Given that Ember Media Manager (which a lot of people seem to use) prefixes UK MPAA ratings with "UK:" and this is what your skin is looking for (<visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,UK:U)</visible>), I thought it best to modify the scraper I was using to provide the right ratings.

I'm using the "IMDB + Rotten Tomatoes" scraper and my fix is here.

Any chance you could answer my question about the horizontal menu animation (i.e. where's the code that animates the WindowClose bit?).

Thanks,

el_P

I've seen there could be additional substrings for mpaa ratings, i'll try to integrate them, how can i test it? Where is the setting i should take for uk mpaa's? In imdb scraper settings?
The animations are in includes.xml
I finally translated all the new english strings.xml in french.
You can download it here until butchabay maybe includes it in a future release
http://www.mediafire.com/?wumcg0rxr2rk0p8
This one must be copied in Addons/skin.cirrus extended/language/French/

I read it a lot of times so there shouldn't be mistakes. The only field I couldn't really test is the PVR section because I don't have it. So I translated PVR blindly, I hope it will fit with reality. There are still some words in english because I didn't find where to translate them, but I would say 95% of the skin is now in french (compared to 30 or 40% before)
In a past post, I already complained that in Cirrus Extended submenus in the home screen, a lot of french words had bad accentuated minus caracters.
There is a problem with Cirrus Extended 2 skin, some words (strings) are not linked to the skin's strings.xml file, so the skin fetches words directly in the XBMC default french strings.xml file (and other words in the settings keep in english, I don't know where the skin fetches them)
For the Home's submenus I could identify some of these in XBMC default french strings.xml.
After reading the devWiki, I thought that copying missing strings from the XBMC strings.xml to the skin's strings.xml would work, but it doesn't, I don't know why (you can see which strings ids in the new french CirrusExtended french strings.xml posted above, right in the beginning of the file).

Desperated I made a workaround, but careful, it's nasty and will be classy only with Cirrus: I edited directly the XBMC french strings.xml, forcing caps accentuated caracters. I will give you the link to the edited strings.xml, but please make a backup of the original file before using mine, in case you choose an other skin later. I am sure there is a way to add these strings ids to the skin's language file - it would be more simple to centralize all there - but well, I am absolutely not a programmer and for me spending hours trying to understand how code works is absolutely no fun.
Here is the link for the nasty XBMC language file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fepzxtufxyznhlm
Now I'm dead, I go to sleep Image
Looking forward to see Federer crushing the monkey french player Monfils tomorrow Image
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7741/image001eae.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7508/image002bxj.jpg

For some reason the black windowed background in LiveTV is missing (see first link). After switching to another skin and switch back to Cirrus all is ok for a while.

_BJ1
@nowall
Thanx for your effort, i'm going to add the missing strings if you could say what you're missing. I never touched the original strings, so this have to be in all cirrus versions! Together we can finally finish all the missing strings!
Go to sleep tomorrow it's a hard daySmile
@butcha

I like to start looking at using the live tv section of xbmc and Cirrus Ex 2...

If I go out and buy a USB TV card tomorrow, plug it in, install the drivers, will the live tv section of cirrus Ex v2 be accessible to me immedietly and will it just pick the card up and allow me to watch live tv as-is? ... Or is there a list of other requirements I need to get this function to work... ?

Just asking so I know what to get while I'm out, it's not easy for me to do multiple trips as my body is a bit shit these days, so I'd rather get it all in one go Laugh

Cheers bro,

Update...
Just read I need to download an unofficial pvr version of xbmc so I'll just wait until its native. No biggie as I run my tv fine via the pc and cable box, just wanted to play with the cirrus features Smile
Small request. Would it be possible to add 'Film-Noir' to the genres?
Hi Pat,
You're right you'll need a pvr build of xbmc. I made pvr support just for fun and to see how it works. Honestly i don't use it, i watch tv through dvb viewer launching it with the launcher plugin. So if you want to try it, i assume you're on windows? Then you'll need to install mediaportal and mediaportal tv server. There is a how link i've posted in the cirrus pvr thread. You may read it and should work. You just need to buy a tv card for free programs.
Cheers
butchabay Wrote:@nowall
Thanx for your effort, i'm going to add the missing strings if you could say what you're missing. I never touched the original strings, so this have to be in all cirrus versions! Together we can finally finish all the missing strings!
Go to sleep tomorrow it's a hard daySmile

These are missing strings, with forced accentuated caps:
Code:
<!-- New basic labels added by NOWALL - not in the English Strings -->
  <string id="470">Crédits</string>
  <string id="130">Infos SystÈme</string>
  <string id="652">AnnÉes</string>
  <string id="20348">RÉalisateurs</string>
  <string id="5">ParamÈtres</string>

Have a good day
N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:These are missing strings, with forced accentuated caps:
Code:
<!-- New basic labels added by NOWALL - not in the English Strings -->
  <string id="470">Crédits</string>
  <string id="130">Infos SystÈme</string>
  <string id="652">AnnÉes</string>
  <string id="20348">RÉalisateurs</string>
  <string id="5">ParamÈtres</string>

Have a good day

What if i remove the Uppercase in all submenus (horizontal and hor.Low ?)
As i've seen vertical mod is working and it's lowercase.

EDIT:

I've tried it, works !!! Smile
hendoben Wrote:Small request. Would it be possible to add 'Film-Noir' to the genres?

Sure, just tell me which fanart and icon i should use for it.

Thanx

EDIT: Film Noir is already in the icon set as "Film-Noir.png" so just need a fanart image to use and name.
butchabay Wrote:I've seen there could be additional substrings for mpaa ratings, i'll try to integrate them, how can i test it? Where is the setting i should take for uk mpaa's? In imdb scraper settings?
The animations are in includes.xml

All the UK ratings are already included in your IncludesCodecFlagging.xml - to get them to work the user just needs to make sure the films are flagged correctly i.e. "UKTongueG".

The standard imbd scraper does not, I believe, flag UK ratings. The "imdb + Rotten Tomatoes" scraper does (once you select the correct setting in the options). However, in its current form, it flags UK ratings incorrectly - i.e. without the "UK:" prefix. This is the issue that I fixed (see my earlier post).

If you want to add other ratings, you'll need to find what the correct flagging format is (e.g. you could look at outputs from Ember Media Manager) and then make sure the right entries are in your xml file.

The "imdb + Rotten Tomatoes" scraper also does Australian ratings.

If you want to use others, you'll need to see what scrapers will provide this info for you.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
butchabay Wrote:What if i remove the Uppercase in all submenus (horizontal and hor.Low ?)
As i've seen vertical mod is working and it's lowercase.

Yes that would solve the accents bug... but in horizontal view, as the submenu has a short height, I guess some letters like j,p,q etc will touch or overlap the main menu. That's surely the reason why the original dev has defined uppercase there
N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:Yes that would solve the accents bug... but in horizontal view, as the submenu has a short height, I guess some letters like j,p,q etc will touch or overlap the main menu. That's surely the reason why the original dev has defined uppercase there

This problem is related mostly in all views, where you see the letter p, q etc. as you mentioned is overlapping the background textures. The Horizontal menu was never in original cirrus so i might think this is a problem in general. What i'm thinking to do in future is to allign all these items to one or 2 pixel so they'll fit everywhere, a hell of work but at least it will look much better.

For now i'll make the changes and switch all the submenus to lowercase, later when i get time i'll do all the corrections.
Hi there
Thanx for the hard work butcha. I think cirrus ex. is not so far of perfection.
If one day you can implement weather conditions Fanart , it would be really great.
Something else... an idea for rss. I know it's not the good thread but i think it should be awesome if we can read our rss in a newspaper
Something like that:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/rssxbmc.png
maybe one day
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v213