JSON-RPC problems
Is it just me or is the JSON-RPC implementation buggy?

I'm sending this JSON request:

{ "jsonrpc": "2.0",
"method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies",
"params":
{
"fields":
[
"title",
"imdbnumber",
"playcount"
]
},
"id": 1
}

In the response I get movies with these fields: "fanart", "file", "label", "movieid", "playcount", "thumbnail" and "title". Isn't the whole idea that I only should get the fields "title", "imdbnumber" and "playcount" ?

And what's up with the "imdbnumber" field? Is it not supported, or why am I not getting it in the result?

Running latest official.
d00chris Wrote:Is it just me or is the JSON-RPC implementation buggy?

I'm sending this JSON request:

{ "jsonrpc": "2.0",
"method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies",
"params":
{
"fields":
[
"title",
"imdbnumber",
"playcount"
]
},
"id": 1
}

In the response I get movies with these fields: "fanart", "file", "label", "movieid", "playcount", "thumbnail" and "title". Isn't the whole idea that I only should get the fields "title", "imdbnumber" and "playcount" ?

And what's up with the "imdbnumber" field? Is it not supported, or why am I not getting it in the result?

Running latest official.

Some fields are always returned. Which version of XBMC are you using?
The version is XBMC 10.1.
d00chris Wrote:The version is XBMC 10.1.

JSON RPC wasn't complete in 10.1. Developmental Eden, JSON is much more robust and informative(imdbnumber works correctly in Eden-pre)
Somewhat related question:

I have some addons that only work on 10.1, and some that only work on pre-eden. The explanation for them being version specific is the changes in the JSON code.

Is there a resource I can use to figure out what the differences are, so I can possibly help update the addons to be pre-eden compatible?

Is the JSON code going to continue to change? Or has it reached a somewhat stable state?
vinistois Wrote:Somewhat related question:

I have some addons that only work on 10.1, and some that only work on pre-eden. The explanation for them being version specific is the changes in the JSON code.

Is there a resource I can use to figure out what the differences are, so I can possibly help update the addons to be pre-eden compatible?

Is the JSON code going to continue to change? Or has it reached a somewhat stable state?

Since Eden is still being developed, JSON is not 'stable', though not going to go through as much of a drastic change as it did from Dharma, things will change(improve).

Comparing the result of 'JSON.Introspec' for Dharma and Eden-pre might point you in the right direction of what needs to be changed. Though in Dharma, the Introspec lacks some information.

Another easy way is to have the two versions of XBMC available(10.1 and Eden-pre) and use the Simple REST client for Google Chrome to test the outcomes of the JSON calls.
vinistois Wrote:Is there a resource I can use to figure out what the differences are, so I can possibly help update the addons to be pre-eden compatible?
I announced the most crucial changes in the following thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98551
Furthermore I try to add a comment to the development thread everytime I add a new feature, fix or change something so developers should keep an eye on those two threads to be up-to-date.

vinistois Wrote:Is the JSON code going to continue to change? Or has it reached a somewhat stable state?
The initial change after Dharma was very drastic but it was necessary to get a basis on which it is easier to add new features. There won't be any such drastic changes in the (near) future. Mostly there will be new features, fixes of bugs and maybe some renaming of methods/parameters/announcements to make them more intuitive.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC problems0