Movies not showing covers
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:that is most likely what is causing the issue, as when the master db becomes corrupted the rest follow suit. when I tired it I had trouble as well, ended up removing mysql and the databases and the advanced xml settings file. Re scraped each machine and the rest is history. Unless you want to try and fix the master db, and in doing that I am at a complete loss. .

OK, but how do I fix it. have lready uninstalled XBMC on the server. Uninstalled it on the clients.. Deleted the User directory...

What else is there to do.... and I do appreciate your help.
remove the advancedsettings.xml in the %APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata folder. the file should be on all systems that were sharing the db. also when you uninstall mysql be sure to uninstall as administrator.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
sigh... I did this... no change...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909967
Thanks Hudson. I will run through that.

Just for your information though. I went back to my W7 'server' and tried to reinstall XBMC, as administrator. I got this error:

CApplication::Create()failed - check log file and that it is writable.

When I researched this, then I found that the problem lies in the use of Remote Desktop Manager......

Well well Well!!!

This could be the clue to the problem When you asked me what had changed.... well I did not think to include the statement that I had started to administer the system using Remote Desktop....

Investigating...
ok let me know how that works out.

think i just hit pay dirt....
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78068

try using realVNC according to this thread.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:ok let me know how that works out.

think i just hit pay dirt....
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78068

try using realVNC according to this thread.

Yep, I got that too. I think that I am getting closer. I have one aspect that is now frustrating me.

[I have to admit I am often confused as to what Ember is supposed to be scraping].

The problem: Ember gets up to"Fair Game (2010)", with everything appearing in ember as it should...
But then for each and every movie thereafter (abc-wise), it shows "Inglorious Basterds" as the poster !!

Any ideas.... so close !
a bug in ember prerhaps?

try doing a clean scrape from xbmc be sure to select yes when prompted if you want to refresh online.
doing so "should" fix the problem, as you exported the library db to the other systems when you were attempting to sync your libraries.
Hudson,

Thanks for all your help. All is well now. I resolved the problem by uninstalling EMM and reinstalling.

If you could help me with 3 more questions:
1. I want to make sure that this business of the Remote Desktop Manager is heeded by others. How do I get this into the wiki ?

2. I have given up for the time being on sharing libraries between HTPC's, but what is the advantage of exporting and importing libraries, is it worth it for maintaining libraries on the various HTPC's.

3. How do you know when XBMC says "Downloading Movie Information", that it is grabbing it locally (rather than going over the internet) - is there a way to stop XBMC going over the internet to do download movie information ? (here in Canada we pay a lot for our fixed download allowance).

Thanks
with the first question I would either add a link to what you ended up doing in your signature, or create a guide of your issue and what you did to fix it then link to it in your signature via megaupload and put a link in your signature.

I guess for a back up of sorts, but to me its most practical use would be here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80049

I think after the inital scan it defaults to looking local, you need to toggle to yes search internet for info. To stop the downloading of info the only two ways i can think of off the top of my head is to not run the scans and make sure library update on start up is not checked. Another thing you could do is administrate the system on one user that would allow for Internet connectivity while the main user id would not have the proper permissions to use Internet connectivity.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies not showing covers0