• 6(current)
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC
sialivi Wrote:Most skins have a link to Settings in the Shutdown Menu (Press 's').

Hey sialivi,

Leave it with me. I'll sort that one out.

Cheers Wink
sialivi Wrote:[Layout]
Not sure what this is called, so perhaps it's already mentioned in the first post. When going into a Pictures folder with a lot of content there's a "Loading media info from files" popup that doesn't seem to be finished.

[Folder Shadow]
When browsing Pictures the shadow is the same for folders and pictures. This looks very weird for the folders since the shadow doesn't match it at all. Maybe a folder looking background image could be added behind the 4 thumbnails?

[Correction]
Turns out that this issue I reported earlier was also because I was using a nightly build:

[Navigation]
Pressing 's' will give the non-existing Shutdown Menu focus. This is of course only an issue if you decide not to implement the menu, which I still hope you will at some point Wink

Cheers, i've made a note of these.
sialivi Wrote:I personally would rather go directly to the view options. Reasons:
1) I'm so used to going back to the Home Screen to switch between sections that I keep doing it in welo even with those shortcuts available.

I actually like the idea that you don't have to go back out to go to another section, yes it can take some getting used to but its defiantely better how it is now. I mean how often do you need to get into the view options? Usual you keep with the one you want don't you...

I personally would like to keep it how it is.
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
sialivi Wrote:Most skins have a link to Settings in the Shutdown Menu (Press 's').
Really? Settings is completely different to shutdown though so it would make no sense at all to have them in the same place really...

It woudl also cause a problem on ATV2 if you put it in there... please don't move it.
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
Broads Wrote:Congrats on this release.

It was always going to be tough releasing such a skin to a community that have been slavering over this one for months, however for an early alpha it looks and feels great.

I too of course would love an OSD but I think I can manage with my remote controls for now.

All in all its usable enough for me, and I look forward to the future enhancements and bug fixes along the way..

Cheers Broads. You're right on it being a tough one, when everyone knows about it and is waiting for it! I expect the 'Paper Street Company' team are feeling the same.

It's still early days for Welo. and there's a little way to go yet! Big Grin
Japaja Wrote:-setting Add-ons - Currently downloading - there is no percentage
-scrollbar - one side has a gradient?
-vertical scrollbar in album review (autoscroll OFF) - strange glitches, jumps around, hard to describe

-this happens when scanning pictures media info too

-can't go down to scroll movie plot (autoscroll OFF)

Main menu long name movie cut off

and then it goes in weird autoscroll (BTW, yes that was the movie with longest name in my library that I could find)

these I don't consider bugs.. just suggestions

- Add-ons Auto update and Notification toggles should be easier to access (just left) not left, up, right (same as accessing view options in movies/TV shows)
- now playing text appears/disappears and scrolls too fast, I think this too should be slowed down and the time between appearing and fading increased

Director, Credits, Runtime - can this be watched xx unwatched xx next airing/show ended xxxxxx or something like that?

And last Movie Collections.. no love there?

Some of these i've already made note of. I'll add the rest.

Thanks! Wink
DazNoonan Wrote:Really? Settings is completely different to shutdown though so it would make no sense at all to have them in the same place really...

It woudl also cause a problem on ATV2 if you put it in there... please don't move it.

Hey Daz,

Don't worry, i'll leave the shutdown main menu and sub menu items where they are.

I'll just code the menu that's activated by pressing 's' (DialogButtonMenu.xml), and include the usual links on that menu, like settings, shutdown, etc, as per other skins.

I've updated the main post.

Thanks
liquidskin76 Wrote:...
I'll just code the menu that's activated by pressing 's' (DialogButtonMenu.xml), and include the usual links on that menu, like settings, shutdown, etc, as per other skins.....
Thanks

Like he said though that doesn't work on iOS xbmc any calls to DialogButtonMenu.xml exits xbmc (no window shown) so you will still need to put settings it in other places
Jezz_X Wrote:Like he said though that doesn't work on iOS xbmc any calls to DialogButtonMenu.xml exits xbmc (no window shown) so you will still need to put settings it in other places

Sorry, i wasn't very clear in that post. I won't be touching the settings or shutdown main menu items. They will remain where they are.

All i'll do is complete DialogButtonMenu.xml (with the usual additional items).

Cheers Jezz.

(p.s. thanks for locking the other thread for me. Wink)
great show, liquid!
the only bug i found besides the already mentioned ones:
my live-tv wont work. Laugh just kiddin.
german translation need some work too, i'll write you a reminder if you dind't have a helping hand for that
nicely done. Is the info screen removed or is it just me? Nothing shows up when I press it, but I can tell the navigation changes. I have to exit it to return to normal movements. Also, I must have missed it, but do you not have anything for an OSD either? I know you're not done yet, but was wondering if the missing OSD/info screens were just me or not.

Otherwise, I'm loving it. Thanks for all the hard work!
xm41907 Wrote:nicely done. Is the info screen removed or is it just me? Nothing shows up when I press it, but I can tell the navigation changes. I have to exit it to return to normal movements. Also, I must have missed it, but do you not have anything for an OSD either? I know you're not done yet, but was wondering if the missing OSD/info screens were just me or not.

Otherwise, I'm loving it. Thanks for all the hard work!

Hi,

Both are on the incomplete list (see the main post). I'll be sorting them for the beta(s).

Cheers
Hi there just somthing i spoted is that there is no support for WEB-DL logos as they use the HDTV logos, will this be added?

thanks great work

sorry about yesterday a real bad day should not of even went on the computer sorry about that.

have a good one
Liquidskin congrats on the first alpha release! Big Grin

I just wanted to say it's awesome and thank you for giving everyone such quick feedback on the bugreports! Nod

If I notice something that isn't reported yet i'll let you know Wink
meridius Wrote:Hi there just somthing i spoted is that there is no support for WEB-DL logos as they use the HDTV logos, will this be added?

thanks great work

sorry about yesterday a real bad day should not of even went on the computer sorry about that.

have a good one

No problem mate. Wink

I've just had a quick look and i haven't got a web-dl source flag. I'll try and track one down. Could you upload if you have a copy anywhere?

Thanks

[EDIT:] i've got a WEBTV flag, however no WEB-DL flag.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC7