[LINUX] NVidia HDMI Issues After Playing DTS/AC3 Video
Hi All,

I recently switched from using Optical SPDIF to HDMI Audio with an EVGA GeForce 210 card, and I'm having an issue related to 2 channel PCM sources (Such as Music).

So, If I start Linux and open XBMC, everything seems to work, the menu sounds work and music works. The problem is if I play a movie that uses DTS or AC3, after stopping that movie the menu sounds and music will no longer play. The Receiver also still shows the input as whatever format was last playing (DTS / Dolby).

The only way to get music to work again is if I open a movie that uses multi channel pcm audio (Such as a movie using FLAC 5.1). After that the menu sounds will start working again and music will start working again. That is until I watch another video that uses DTS or AC3. Turning the receiver off/on while in this state does not solve the issue.

Possibly related, I see this in the console multiple times if I run xbmc from there:

Code:
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM plughw:1,7,AES0=0x6,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2
ALSA lib conf.c:4514:(parse_args) Unknown parameter AES0
ALSA lib conf.c:4647:(snd_config_expand) Parse arguments error: No such file or directory

Some more information about my configuration:

EVGA GeForce 210
XBMC 10.1
Gentoo Linux 32bit
ALSA 1.0.24.1
Kernel 2.6.37
Onkyo TX-SR805 Receiver

aplay -l output:

Code:
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 0/1
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

.asoundrc file

Code:
pcm.!default {
   type plug
   slave {
       pcm "hw:1,7"
       rate 48000
   }
}

If there's anything else I can provide please let me know.

Thanks
darkcube Wrote:Hi All,

I recently switched from using Optical SPDIF to HDMI Audio with an EVGA GeForce 210 card, and I'm having an issue related to 2 channel PCM sources (Such as Music).

So, If I start Linux and open XBMC, everything seems to work, the menu sounds work and music works. The problem is if I play a movie that uses DTS or AC3, after stopping that movie the menu sounds and music will no longer play. The Receiver also still shows the input as whatever format was last playing (DTS / Dolby).

The only way to get music to work again is if I open a movie that uses multi channel pcm audio (Such as a movie using FLAC 5.1). After that the menu sounds will start working again and music will start working again. That is until I watch another video that uses DTS or AC3. Turning the receiver off/on while in this state does not solve the issue.

Possibly related, I see this in the console multiple times if I run xbmc from there:

Code:
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM plughw:1,7,AES0=0x6,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2
ALSA lib conf.c:4514:(parse_args) Unknown parameter AES0
ALSA lib conf.c:4647:(snd_config_expand) Parse arguments error: No such file or directory

Some more information about my configuration:

EVGA GeForce 210
XBMC 10.1
Gentoo Linux 32bit
ALSA 1.0.24.1
Kernel 2.6.37
Onkyo TX-SR805 Receiver

aplay -l output:

Code:
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 0/1
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

.asoundrc file

Code:
pcm.!default {
   type plug
   slave {
       pcm "hw:1,7"
       rate 48000
   }
}

If there's anything else I can provide please let me know.

Thanks

Did you ever solve this problem? I have the exact same symptoms...
Same here, but after I replaced my avr with a new one the problem disappeared.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] NVidia HDMI Issues After Playing DTS/AC3 Video0