[LIVE] New GPU advice
I'm thinking about getting a new graphics card so that I can run some PS2 games using PCSX2 as my G210 isn't up to the task. I've been thinking about getting a 550ti.

Does anyone know if this card plays nice with XBMC Live? Are there any other cards I should consider at this price range or lower (with acceptable power and noise levels)?
should be perfectly fine
bit the bullet and got one this morning Wink
If I may recommend, and not knowing what your OS base is, I can tell you that on a 580GTX it runs wonderfully.

Myself with core i7 + GTX580 + 12GB DDR3 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24, As well as on a asrock ION 330 HT running on Lucid mini install based, essentially a streamlined version of current GIT xbmc-live.

this is how it looks on ION

Image Image Image

Im happy with the performance on either machine, the GTX 580 kills them all

Also I publish my own ppas's for lucid with the very latest nvidia drivers and alsa 1.0.24 amongst other goodies. just see links on my signature

Ill post the GTX screenies later
@X3lectric,

Is that degrees celcius in your last image? How the hell do you achieve that on your ion?
I have a 330 (1st gen) but have never been able to get such a low temp.
Yes its Celsius I changed the stock fans read it here http://x3webworx.wordpress.com/2010/11/2...d-the-bad/
X3lectric Wrote:Yes its Celsius I changed the stock fans read it here http://x3webworx.wordpress.com/2010/11/2...d-the-bad/

What are your bios settings regarding fan control? Level 1? Will need to get my cpu sensor working as well. Thanks for the link to the replacement fans
@ X3lectric

I'm having trouble getting audio over HDMI with the 550 ti, did you have to do anything to get audio to work with your 580? I've started a new thread here that has more info on my setup, if you (or anyone else!) have any advise on how to get it working it would be great. Smile
no I installed correct drivers and configured xbmc properly. I used xbmclive type install and also disabled pulse when I compiled xbmc from Git source, the rest thers a ton of guids on how to fix this...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] New GPU advice0