Movie Information not showing up for computers connected to MySQL Database
Movie Information does not show up on computers that are connected to MySQL database. I am using Dharma and not any of the nightly builds. When using MySQL workbench to connect to MySQL server and look at the database the movie information is there. Though for some reason Television shows do work. It happened on one of my computers and not another one but then I figured that might be because I scraped move information before I converted to the database and did a fresh install and I end up with the same bug. I am wondering if anyone else can recreate this bug or if it was fixed in one of the nightlys. The other weird thing is if a skin supports seeing movie information while playing it will show up there like in Transparency but still refuses to show up in the library. When pressing 'i' in the library it's almost like it doesn't register since nothing happens not even a pop up with no information. It doesn't seem to be skin dependent since I have tried it on multiple skins including the default, Confluence.

Edit: I have found out you can get it to pop up if you go to context menu('c') and then select movie information. But 'i' just doesn't seem to work.

For those who don't know what I mean it is when you push 'i' on the keyboard when a movie is highlighted.
i just installed mysql and am noticing the exact same issue. have you found another way around it yet?

i've tried changing the movie default to information and ask on launch, and neither of those helped.
appriti Wrote:i just installed mysql and am noticing the exact same issue. have you found another way around it yet?

i've tried changing the movie default to information and ask on launch, and neither of those helped.

Did you guys add the MySQL server to the advancedsettings.xml on ALL the computers not just the one with the actual database? If yes, using the same settings can you load MySQL workbench from one of the other computers and view the data? It's been awhile since I used it but that's one of the common mistakes. Depending on the computer system and hosts files you might have to use the IP Number in advanced settings instead of the computer name.

<advancedsettings>

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.23</host>
<name>xbmcvideo</name>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.23</host>
<name>xbmc_music</name>