How do i trigger a library rescan?
i keep fine tuning the data for my library in ember. so far ive been deleting the video source and recreating it to get xbmc to pick up the changes in the library because, amazingly, there doesn't seem to be a feature to trigger a rescan for the scraper to look at the NFO file and compare it to the database to see if any of the data has changed.

is there a way that i just havn't seen yet or do i need to write a plugin or something to do this.
On an individual item you can bring up the info screen by pressing 'i', then choosing Refresh. If you want to do multiple items at once (more than 3 or 4 items), it's usually easier to simply remove the source and re-add it.
when I used ember I would just do an update library, which would create duplicate entries, then do a clean library. I just mapped it to a button on my remote.
yea, i don't like that idea either. the point is to maintain the viewing history because i have dynamic playlists that play unwatched movies and shows. all except updating each individual would reset the watched count.
vinistois Wrote:when I used ember I would just do an update library, which would create duplicate entries, then do a clean library. I just mapped it to a button on my remote.

That only works if ember changes the file name

The simplest answer if you like to change stuff is don't add it to XBMC until your happy with it otherwise your just have to refresh them

There is another option and that's to export your library to single files and use those nfo's in ember, exported nfo's should contain your watched status but you need to use an advanced setting to enable that status to be imported

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...library.3E

XBMC exports thumbs, fanart, and nfo's with filename so if thats how yours are already it will probably overwrite them you don't want this as thumbs would be lower quality than yours
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do i trigger a library rescan?0