[LIVE] Sound coming from only 1 speaker?
Question 
Hi everybody,

I'm running the most recent release of XBMC Live on an Acer Aspire Revo. Until yesterday, my setup was working perfectly. I was attempting to set up Shairport so that I could stream music from my laptop to XBMC and now my audio is messed up.

I'm using a Turtle Beach USB sound card to run optical audio from my Revo to my receiver (5.1 surround). Since yesterday, any video with MP3 audio is only coming from my front left speaker, and video with Dolby Digital audio is emitted from all speakers as a stuttering mess. I can only assume my audio is no longer being decoded correctly?

My settings haven't changed from when they were working fine two days ago:

Audio Input: Optical/Coax
Speaker Config: 5.1
Boost Volume Level on Downmix: Yes
Dolby Digital Capable Receiver: Yes
DTS Capable Receiver: Yes
Audio Output Device: USB Sound Device iec 958
Passthrough Output Device: USB Sound Device iec 958

I'm lost, please help me!
full debug log please when playing media that has the problem.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:full debug log please when playing media that has the problem.

Here's the debug log. Thank you for your help!

http://pastebin.com/d8Sc9UYS

To reproduce the errors in the log, I played True Grit (dolby digital 5.1) and then played Tron Legacy (mp3 stereo sound).
Please turn on debug logging and post another log Smile
bobo1on1 Wrote:Please turn on debug logging and post another log Smile

Sorry about that, here's the real log with debugging enabled.

http://pastebin.com/d8Sc9UYS
The log doesn't indicate any problems with audio, but it seems you have the output set to hdmi instead of Optical/Coax.
bobo1on1 Wrote:The log doesn't indicate any problems with audio, but it seems you have the output set to hdmi instead of Optical/Coax.

It seems to be set to Optical/Coax (as I get no sound when it's set to HDMI) but the problem persists.

Could there be a config file somewhere that isn't set up right? I don't know what else to try Sad
Do you have another computer in the house? Thinking set up vlc on the other computer and stream to that. Move your usb dongle over for the test. This will eliminate the Shairport messing things up possibility. Or validate it. Any reason why you didnt just share the directory though windows or *nix on your laptop and access the directory from XBMC via SMB? If you move the same file locally to the computer running XBMC or via usb stick does the problem still persist?
A F'n Roku, cant wait to build a ryzen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Sound coming from only 1 speaker?0