Webserver failed to start
just installed the latest nightlie build on my windows7 machine anddd out of o where im getting 'webserver failed to start' when i try to enable the http web server and input port detailss..

what gives?
420p Wrote:just installed the latest nightlie build on my windows7 machine anddd out of o where im getting 'webserver failed to start' when i try to enable the http web server and input port detailss..

what gives?

What gives? It's a nightly. They're currently making a lot of changes to the webserver / HTTP API / JSON-RPC etc. If you want stability, stick to the stable releases instead.

Alternatively, post a debug log (or keep an eye on http://trac.xbmc.org/timeline) to help the devs see what's broken (although the chances are they're already aware of it)
Can you post a debug log. The usual reason for this is that something else is listening on the selected port, in which case changing the port number might help.

JR
I'm having the same problem, and I know for certain that another webserver is on port 80.

However, there seems to be a chicken'n'egg (or is that Catch-22) problem here: when XBMC's webserver is disabled, its settings are greyed out and I can't change the port number. When I try to enable it, I get the "Unable to start" error and XBMC immediately disables it again, so no way to change anything except for editing the config manually...
ack006 Wrote:I'm having the same problem, and I know for certain that another webserver is on port 80.

However, there seems to be a chicken'n'egg (or is that Catch-22) problem here: when XBMC's webserver is disabled, its settings are greyed out and I can't change the port number. When I try to enable it, I get the "Unable to start" error and XBMC immediately disables it again, so no way to change anything except for editing the config manually...

Stop the other web server, make the change in XBMC then start the other web server again.

To stop the other web server right click My Computer (from the Desktop or the Start menu) and choose Manage. The Computer Management app looks different on different versions of Windows, but browse around until you find a heading called Services. Select this, and in the right hand pane you'll see a list of all the services running on the computer. One of these will be the web server. If you tell us which web server software you are using we should be able to tell you what it will be called in the Services display.

JR
please help a noob

i get the same failure msg after trying to (manually) installing the HTTP-R remote

i did install php5 and apache2 from console only to find that said remote does not seem to function properly

after removing the files i had stored in /var/www/ the landing page of the software only shows :

"It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet." - i think this might be the php or apache dummy page?

what is the index.html or file architechture for xbmc default and/or addon web server supposed to be?

i realize this is kinda a cross post into an old thread, i really hope someone reads this at all, since right now im not able to use the remote feature of xbmc at all

any input appreciated
OK...

here's my 2 cents (first post)

i had same issues here using port 80
seems some programs running in the background where causing kodi to be unable to start webserver
i think it was skype or steam
that freed up the port again

after that my gf still couldn't use here phone as a remote
but that was solved quickly by connecting to the wifi ! (she was using 4g Big Grin )

all is working now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webserver failed to start0