• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration)
fredphoesh Wrote:I will continue to do some testing WRT the slide show getting stuck on one artist at some point... If it happens again I will ardently try to figure out why it's doing that. It MAY have something to do with one of the large collections which is tagged Album Artist - Various Artists and the Artist tag is unique for each track.

check my post on the previous page, in case you've missed it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:check my post on the previous page, in case you've missed it.

Hi, yes, i saw that last night, but AFAIK that is specifically about playing one image for one artist... but in my case it stays on one image for the rest of the day, despite the fact that every track is by a different artist.

Would it be the same issue I have been having then?

Tx!
Mark.
fredphoesh Wrote:Hi, yes, i saw that last night, but AFAIK that is specifically about playing one image for one artist... but in my case it stays on one image for the rest of the day, despite the fact that every track is by a different artist.

nope, no idea why that would happen, a debug log may provide some clues.

the script uses the artist tag and not the albumartist tag btw.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:nope, no idea why that would happen, a debug log may provide some clues.

the script uses the artist tag and not the albumartist tag btw.

Ok cool, tx...
I will make sure it is still happening, then do a debug. I am also thinking of wiping and restarting with my library because in the full screen mode, I often do not get the text artist info overlay scroll, and instead get four letters in the shape of squares that scroll up and stop at the bottom of the screen.

till later,
tx
Mark.
fredphoesh Wrote:Hi, yes, i saw that last night, but AFAIK that is specifically about playing one image for one artist... but in my case it stays on one image for the rest of the day, despite the fact that every track is by a different artist.

Tx!
Mark.

This also happens to me (sometimes). You have to restart xbmc and the next time you play another artist, new images will come.
perro6969 Wrote:This also happens to me (sometimes). You have to restart xbmc and the next time you play another artist, new images will come.

Hi,
Well it's good (I guess) that I'm not the only one, so perhaps there is an issue that can be tweaked somehow somewhere... but in the meantime I am assuming it has something to do with my database, so I have deleted it and am rescanning my music folders... and will report back in a few days.

Cheers,
Mark
Hi Ronie,
Do you need more debuglogs from us?
Were you able to find the problem?
Please, tell me what I can do to help.
perro6969 Wrote:Hi Ronie,
Do you need more debuglogs from us?
i've got yours, but anyone else having issues should definitely post a Debug Log.
perro6969 Wrote:Were you able to find the problem?
Please, tell me what I can do to help.

yeah, as a matter of fact i could use some help.

if you could change line 126 in default.py, from:
Code:
time.sleep(0.05)
to:
Code:
time.sleep(1)

and test if that makes any difference...
Hello Ronie,

I've made the changes you mentioned, but nothing seems to change.

here is the dubuglog:
http://pastebin.com/h3kPFFpT

This is what I did:

Listen for the first time the artist "Against All Authority". Like always, only the first image is shown. I waited some time till the next song of the same artist, but nothing happened, so I made the trick I have: get out and back to the visualisation mode. Then it worked.

I went to the next artist (Agnostic Front) and the same happened.

Then I decided to go to a "Various Artists" album, but instead of showing new images, only the images of the last artist (Agnostic Front) where shown. The trick of going out and back didn't work this time.

So I changed again to a new "Various Artists" album and new images came only after "The Skatalites" were played, but like always, only the first image, so I made the trick and the rest was shown. When the next artist played, the Skatalites images were still there. I tried other artist of the same album, but it didn't changed till I played Ronald Alphonso. And then the same happend: only the first image till I do the trick.

So...I hope this helps you a little.

Thanks for all the work!
perro6969 Wrote:Listen for the first time the artist "Against All Authority". Like always, only the first image is shown. I waited some time till the next song of the same artist, but nothing happened
yep, that's weird, it certainly should've worked in this case.

perro6969 Wrote:so I made the trick I have: get out and back to the visualisation mode. Then it worked.

i aware of your trick, but it clutters up the logfile big time ;-)
besides, if you're backing out of the visualization screen all the time, there's no way for you to tell if the script would eventually have updated the slideshow, since your 'trick' already did....so not an ideal way to test :-)

perro6969 Wrote:I went to the next artist (Agnostic Front) and the same happened.
the script was still downloading images, so it's correct you only got to see 1.

perro6969 Wrote:Then I decided to go to a "Various Artists" album, but instead of showing new images, only the images of the last artist (Agnostic Front) where shown. The trick of going out and back didn't work this time.

So I changed again to a new "Various Artists" album and new images came only after "The Skatalites" were played, but like always, only the first image, so I made the trick and the rest was shown. When the next artist played, the Skatalites images were still there. I tried other artist of the same album, but it didn't changed till I played Ronald Alphonso. And then the same happend: only the first image till I do the trick.

on most occasions...the script was still downloading images when the next track started, so you only get to see one.
in one occasion, it didn't even get the change to download the first one,
in another case there was only one image available at last.fm.

but, as i mentioned, in the case of Against All Authority, the script should've done it's job.
i've tested with dharma + confluence on three different machines (linux, xp , w7) but can't reproduce this issue.
ronie Wrote:but, as i mentioned, in the case of Against All Authority, the script should've done it's job.
i've tested with dharma + confluence on three different machines (linux, xp , w7) but can't reproduce this issue.

OK. Thanks for your help and time, Ronie! I would say there's something wrong on my side. Anyway if someone have the same problem, please let us know.
Apart from that, the addon is great. To hear music is so much better now!
Hi ronie

Great plugin, but I have 2 questions:

What if there is no images from last.fm. Is there a fallback image ?

What if there is new / removed images from last.fm. Does the script have some functionality to "see" if there is any changes to the images cached versus the images on last.fm ?
Gitrian Wrote:Hi ronie

Great plugin, but I have 2 questions:

What if there is no images from last.fm. Is there a fallback image ?

fallback image can/should be handled by the skin:
Quote:<imagepath fallback="some-image.jpg" background="true">$INFO[Window.Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>

Gitrian Wrote:What if there is new / removed images from last.fm. Does the script have some functionality to "see" if there is any changes to the images cached versus the images on last.fm ?

new images will be detected and downloaded by the script.
with the limitation that it only checks the first 50 available images.
if an artist has more than 50 images on last.fm, only the first 50 will be used.

removals are not handled by the script though.
perro6969 Wrote:OK. Thanks for your help and time, Ronie! I would say there's something wrong on my side. Anyway if someone have the same problem, please let us know.
Apart from that, the addon is great. To hear music is so much better now!

Yeah, I've been having similar problems - I think mostly all due to a poor/congested internet connection.

Here's a debug log from today when I got stuck on Robyn's slideshow during the next 10 artists or so,

In the old WIP thread I suggested a "force refresh" of the slideshow every 30 seconds or so....

Think this would take care of all these problems but not sure if it's possible - despite creating this amazing script Ronie claims to be a python novice Wink

I also mentioned another request in the old thread that I thought I'd re-post over here if you don't mind Ronie:
kiboy6 Wrote:Even when everything is working perfectly, there is one other small flaw in my opinion. When a new artist's songs starts playing, the previous artist's images remain displayed until the first new image is downloaded. This usually happens within 20 seconds or so, but if the network is congested on a crappy connection like mine it can sometimes take much longer. Would there be any chance of reverting to the placeholder generic pic during this interim period?

If the placeholder pic was always displayed when a new song starts (if there are no previously cached images for the new artist), this too would proof against the "getting stuck on one artist" problem a few of us seem to be having.

Finally, on the subject of the placeholder pic: I see now that this placeholder pic is handled by the skin. Is there any way (at skin level if ness) this could point to a folder containing a few generic images and the slideshow then displaying all of them?

Thanks so much again Ronie Smile Sorry for overlapping my posts a bit, but seeing as though the other thread is now closed I thought I would move my request over here in case you have time to try to incorporate them some time Smile
kiboy6 Wrote:In the old WIP thread I suggested a "force refresh" of the slideshow every 30 seconds or so....

Think this would take care of all these problems but not sure if it's possible - despite creating this amazing script Ronie claims to be a python novice Wink

believe it or not, but i am :-)

as mentioned before, i don't know if it's possible...
i just did a few tests, but doesn't work so far.

i would need to download the images in one thread and
have a second thread available to handle the periodic refresh.

i know diddly about python and threading.

kiboy6 Wrote:If the placeholder pic was always displayed when a new song starts (if there are no previously cached images for the new artist), this too would proof against the "getting stuck on one artist" problem a few of us seem to be having.

same problem as above, if the script is busy downloading an image, it can't do anything else...no even displaying a fallback picture.

kiboy6 Wrote:Finally, on the subject of the placeholder pic: I see now that this placeholder pic is handled by the skin. Is there any way (at skin level if ness) this could point to a folder containing a few generic images and the slideshow then displaying all of them?

yup, the skin can specify a fallback image or a folder of images. no problem.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration)1