@FernetMenta
EkASs Wrote:I disagree. The colors are defined by the provider and most of the time there are more than one color for hearing impaired.

I mean movie subtitles where is no colors defined. VobSubs with .avi or in .mkv...
My working branch is a big construction site at the moment. I will let you know when its worth testing. I have touched subtitles in order to put texture loading on an extra thread but have not looked yet into bitmaps.
I suffer from this as well a lot with Dharma and odk pre-eden packages on Ubuntu Natty

From what i understood, the xrandr refresh rate switch is causing a pre-emption error in nvidia driver, which should restart the vdpau decoder - but xbmc crashes for this error as it cant handle it.

Your approach is now
a) to reduce the likelyhood that the preemption error happens
b) re-init vdpau decoder on pre-emption error

Huh

Sorry i just know enough to be dangerous - i'm likely wrong in anything written above - but i would like to understand Smile
The problem is the interoperation with OpenGL. The OpenGL pipeline is asnyc, and has textures mapped to resources from hardware decoder. Now if an error occurs like display preemption, you have to make sure that the OpenGL pipeline is empty and there are no references to invalid resources.

The approach is:
- look in advance if a change of refresh rate will happen
- stop player and clear opengl pipeline
- clear down vdpau (or other hw decoder)
- allow change of refresh rate
- wait until it has happened
- start player and reinit decoder
Ok thx - looking forward to test it as soon as you say its ok - so take your time and let us know (please) when you think its worth testing.
steffen_b Wrote:Ok thx - looking forward to test it as soon as you say its ok - so take your time and let us know (please) when you think its worth testing.

+1, thanks for your time Fernet Smile

EDIT: I see in https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/ that your merge the fix, is this correct?
This was just a fix for the fix Smile
Ah ok!, because I tested this and my xbmc crash again xD

Regards!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
@FernetMenta0