TV Episode DVD Splitter?
Hello,

Bare with me, this isn't the usual question of how to split the DVDs!

Here is my problem:
I have LOADS of TV-Series on DVDs. Loads. Because TV-Series are my favourite.

I want to rip the episodes out, individually. Now, I can do that with DVDFab, etc. But that process is slow, because I have to rip each episode out, one at a time. And then, separately, use makemkv and make a MKV out of it.

I do NOT want to re-encode the episodes. That takes too long for the amount I have. I just want to rip them out individually, then I'll re-wrap them in MKV and I'll be happy as a clam.

So basically, is there a fast way to rip the dvds which does not require re-encoding? For instance, I found out how to do it with Handbrake, but that is re-encoding and I don't want to do that.

Any help will be ever so appreciated!
Use DVD Fab to do all the work. Don't select the title that is 2+ hours long. Select the individual episodes. Rip them to VOB or MKV directly. Once they are ripped you can rename them for use in XBMC.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Can't this be done with MakeMKV from the get-go?
htpc guy Wrote:Use DVD Fab to do all the work. Don't select the title that is 2+ hours long. Select the individual episodes. Rip them to VOB or MKV directly. Once they are ripped you can rename them for use in XBMC.

But if I do this, don't I have to rip them one at a time with DVD-Fab? Like, when I go to split...if I select more than one title...it merges them, doesn't it?
DravenGSX Wrote:Can't this be done with MakeMKV from the get-go?

I thought so too, but I've been unsuccessful at it.

For example, Sandbaggers has 6 titles on the DVD, but only 4 of those titles are episodes. However, loading the DVD with MakeMKV, it only displays two titles. Basically merging the 3 titles into 1. Thus each title displayed in MakeMKV is 2 episodes. Perhaps this is unique to the Sandbagger DVDs, but it is unusual behaviour...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Episode DVD Splitter?0