• 5(current)
why hasn't anyone mentioned flirc?
Thanks for your response, looks like a bug in flirc(?)

I would like to try it but the Harmony 300 hasn't an option to change the delay times. This is only possible with the bigger ones. I hope to find a solution with the MCE part or the harmony goes back to the seller (still concerned that a harmony 300 will make a good experience)
Koshu Wrote:Thanks for your response, looks like a bug in flirc(?)

I would like to try it but the Harmony 300 hasn't an option to change the delay times. This is only possible with the bigger ones. I hope to find a solution with the MCE part or the harmony goes back to the seller (still concerned that a harmony 300 will make a good experience)

The harmony 300's don't give you much flexibility and the 'inter-key' delay is not adjustable. I was so frustrated with this, I actually returned mine.

Unless I'm 60 years old, I don't want to wait 3 seconds between each key press. If you find a work-around, let me know.
live4ever Wrote:I noticed this as well (working only every second button press) using a stock HP Vista MCE RC6 (this one: http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/6/6e/HPRemotenewer.jpg). I'd say try setting the Harmony up as 'Plex Player' - this will use the NEC protocol at 38kHz - but you still might have some Harmony lag so try the settings here.

That's exactly right, thanks for the helpful tip live4ever.

The MCE remotes and XBMC remote use RC6, which is giving flirc a bit of trouble. I'll get it via firmware. It's the most uncommon protocol, however, everyone seems to busing these same two remotes.
yeah i wonder why RC6 remotes and RC6 IR receivers are so popular...?
is it because they work out of the box with Linux!?
eskro Wrote:yeah i wonder why RC6 remotes and RC6 IR receivers are so popular...?
is it because they work out of the box with Linux!?

I believe I fixed this last night. If anyone is having trouble with this protocol, please send me a message via the site and I will send you a non-public firmware image.
flirc dosn't seems to work with Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center Edition (RC6) Sad
proson Wrote:flirc dosn't seems to work with Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center Edition (RC6) Sad

I believe I fixed this, my firmware release will be included in the next software release.

Send me an email: jason at flirc dot tv

I'll send you an early release of that firmware.
jasonkotzin Wrote:Yup, they will work great, I did a lot of testing with those. But as was pointed out, flirc doesn't detect when the apple buttons are being held down. It will in a firmware update, it's not necessarily something that is difficult, but just trying to get in some of this important feedback and enhance the GUI stability before adding firmware features.

Most remotes will work fine with buttons being held down.

If anyone is interested in a technical brief on why this is, I'd be happy to share.
Jason - Just got my Flirc today and love it so far. Quick question though, I'm seeing the same problem as above with my Harmony 880 remote.....it's not detecting key-holds. I had to adjust the inter-key delay to 100ms and that fixed the issue with the button needing to be pressed twice, but I can't figure out what the deal is with the button being held and not registering. Any ideas? Thanks.
This looks good. Nod

Will I be able to use my harmony 525 to control xbmc when I run Windows 7 through bootcamp? I only ever got the apple remote to control the system volume in bootcamp windows before.

thanks
Ordered one! Very cool Device!
Smile 
I ordered one and got it a few days ago. I was quickly bitten by the "transfer error" issue, but the dev got me up and running again with a firmware update. Big Grin He gives really good and fast support.

If anyone has any reservations about getting flirc, I'll just say, "this little gadget kicks ass." Wink
Aenima99x Wrote:Jason - Just got my Flirc today and love it so far. Quick question though, I'm seeing the same problem as above with my Harmony 880 remote.....it's not detecting key-holds. I had to adjust the inter-key delay to 100ms and that fixed the issue with the button needing to be pressed twice, but I can't figure out what the deal is with the button being held and not registering. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hey sorry for the delay, I believe I got you back through email, but I'll answer here for everyone's sake.

This is because of the NEC protocol, there is a special sequence for repeats. Not to worry, I am going to have a firmware update that solves this.
nozomi Wrote:This looks good. Nod

Will I be able to use my harmony 525 to control xbmc when I run Windows 7 through bootcamp? I only ever got the apple remote to control the system volume in bootcamp windows before.

thanks

I don't see why not.
jasonkotzin Wrote:I believe I fixed this, my firmware release will be included in the next software release.

Send me an email: jason at flirc dot tv

I'll send you an early release of that firmware.

Thank you Jason for your excellent support. Problem solved Big Grin
I just got my flirc and have been trying to configure it with my Harmony 650 remote and XBMC.

Does anyone here have some settings I could use as an example/template?

I'm curious as to what everyone's been configuring as their device to be used with the flirc in the Harmony setup application. I've tried various Media Center devices and haven't gotten it to work yet.

Also using the flirc setup application, when trying to map a button, I'll get a message indicating the button has already been mapped to something. This occurs even after I clear my configuration. Any ideas?

Thanks all.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why hasn't anyone mentioned flirc?1