No sound but buffering solved
Hello,

I have a real issue with XBMC on my ATV2 (last version of IOS 4.3.3), which I have jailbroke with PWNPAGE. I have downloaded a XBMC night release which works great for all MKV movies I have (720 and 1080), however, when I try to play music I do not have any sound what so ever. Worse, my ATV2 freezes if I try to do anything else. And I have this problem for mp3 and flac files. I have browse this forum for quite a long time, but I have not found anything that would solve this issue.

For the buffering issue, I have discover a solution for this problem, at least on my network. I have connected my ATV2 to my timecapsule disk via SMB (ethernet). If I have ANY other machines ON (such as my mac-mini or my iMac) on the network, then the buffering starts almost immediately. If I put these machines in idle, then the buffering stops.
Eventually I tried the bizarre manipulation with "play pause play" on the side menu, and it solved my music problems. However, I hope a new version will come up soon to fix this issue as it "sounds" a bit strange to go through this manipulation each time I wish to listen to some music. However, I have been a a big fan of your product for years and I'm really impressed by the ATVII implementation, which I have been playing with for about a week now.
If you're having issues with the semi-nightly builds you're best bet is to post in the thread that's dedicated to them (it's in the sticky threads).

Make sure to list the specific build you're using and be prepared to copy/paste logs to pastebin though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound but buffering solved0