On-Screen Keyboard in Cyrillic?
Hi all,

I'm using XBMC on a dedicated HTPC, meaning I only run X and XBMC. When looking for a song or video, I sometimes use the on-screen keyboard. However, yesterday I realized it is Latin only... and I needed to type some Cyrillic letters in a search field of the YouTube add-on. Shock and awe! :-)

Seems this has not been discussed here before, but just in case some of you has an idea: is it possible to have a second layout for the on-screen keyboard (I don't want to lose the standard Latin) and change between them?

I know what KeyboardDialog.xml is, but I guess it is only read at start-up - if it is not possible to change the layout, might it be possible to add more rows ad display there non-Latin letters?

Or maybe we should think about supporting (displaying and switching between) some/all Unicode sets? Or, as a simplification - have an option to set up a second, alternative on-screen keyboard layout from the Settings menu and have a toggle (like I have on my physical keyboard)?

I'm OK to do some coding and testing if somebody can give me a proper direction.

Thanks in advance,

Assen
+1 - just realized I'm missing this feature too. Specifically - to perform search through the library with cyrillic filenames or tags.
Same problem… Any chance for cyrillic keyboard in new releases? I can't connect keyboard for my Apple TV2.
+1, need the ability to toggle between Hebrew and Latin keyboard, mainly for YouTube search. Boxee has it for long time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
On-Screen Keyboard in Cyrillic?0