script error
whenever i try to play some plugins on my atv2, i get a script error and it also says that the plugins failed. any tips?

i am using xmbc
the only information you've given us is the fact that you are using XBMC, which is the one thing we could already assume since you are posting this in an XBMC forum on the XBMC website.

We don't know who you are. We don't know what version of XBMC you are using, what iOS version you are using, what plug-ins are not working, if this always happens or only sometimes happens, etc. Most importantly (since this can contain much of that info) we don't have a debug log.

My tip to you would be to read this link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480

We want to help you. We want as many people as possible to learn about and use XBMC. You will always be welcome to come to the community here and ask questions. But we can't help you with such little information.
Ned Scott Wrote:the only information you've given us is the fact that you are using XBMC, which is the one thing we could already assume since you are posting this in an XBMC forum on the XBMC website.

We don't know who you are. We don't know what version of XBMC you are using, what iOS version you are using, what plug-ins are not working, if this always happens or only sometimes happens, etc. Most importantly (since this can contain much of that info) we don't have a debug log.

My tip to you would be to read this link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480

We want to help you. We want as many people as possible to learn about and use XBMC. You will always be welcome to come to the community here and ask questions. But we can't help you with such little information.

i am using apple tv software 4.2.2 (2203)
xbmc os: darwin 11.0.0 Darwin Kernel 11.0.0
the plugins/repos that are not working:
sportsdevil,
bluecop (all that comes with it: hulu, cbs, etc)
free cable
and the ice films repo.

i don't have a debug log.
the same error messages keep showing up ion icefilms. it says "script failed: plugins.video.icefilms"

some of the streams work in the free cable repo. however when i click some streams, it takes right back to where im making the selection to picking the stream. but most of the time the same thing happens with the free cable plugin streams. "script failed: plugins.video.freecable" some streams in this repo make my xbmc crash and reboot.

whenever i use sportsdevil and i choose a stream, the stream wont play or it will take me back to the stream that i just selected.

with hulu: whenever i select a stream, it comes right back to the stream as if it wants me to select the stream again.

enough info?
quiet storm iii Wrote:i am using apple tv software 4.2.2 (2203)
xbmc os: darwin 11.0.0 Darwin Kernel 11.0.0
the plugins/repos that are not working:
sportsdevil,
bluecop (all that comes with it: hulu, cbs, etc)
free cable
and the ice films repo.

i don't have a debug log.
the same error messages keep showing up ion icefilms. it says "script failed: plugins.video.icefilms"

some of the streams work in the free cable repo. however when i click some streams, it takes right back to where im making the selection to picking the stream. but most of the time the same thing happens with the free cable plugin streams. "script failed: plugins.video.freecable" some streams in this repo make my xbmc crash and reboot.

whenever i use sportsdevil and i choose a stream, the stream wont play or it will take me back to the stream that i just selected.

with hulu: whenever i select a stream, it comes right back to the stream as if it wants me to select the stream again.

enough info?

no debug log == no help on "script failed:*****" issues

as for the streams not playing, it could be that rtmp streams are non playable with the rtmp library used on ATV2
amet Wrote:no debug log == no help on "script failed:*****" issues

as for the streams not playing, it could be that rtmp streams are non playable with the rtmp library used on ATV2

How do I do a debug log?
quiet storm iii Wrote:How do I do a debug log?

Start by reading the 2nd post in this thread
quiet storm iii Wrote:How do I do a debug log?

In all fairness, the post didn't really elaborate on how to create a debug log. There's a link in the post now that should give you the info needed to create one.
if he read the 2nd post we wouldn't be having this conversation, instead there would be a debug log

EDIT:

keith Wrote:LOG LOCATIONS:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log (this is the debug log, don't forget to enable debugging)

this is from the link in 2nd post, so how is that not elaborating on how to create one?
amet Wrote:if he read the 2nd post we wouldn't be having this conversation, instead there would be a debug log

EDIT:

this is from the link in 2nd post, so how is that not elaborating on how to create one?

here it is:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/627505/
quiet storm iii Wrote:here it is:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/627505/

I only see script.audio.grooveshark failing, what other pluging are not working?

have you tried reporting this issue on script.audio.grooveshark forum thread?
amet Wrote:I only see script.audio.grooveshark failing, what other pluging are not working?

actually grooveshark works fine. the bluecop repo, icefilms, free cable repos all do not work. that includes the hulu, and i also have the sportsdevil repo.
amet Wrote:I only see script.audio.grooveshark failing, what other pluging are not working?

now my netflix is not working. i click it and nothing happens. is there something about that in the debug log?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script error0