Movie/Episode at multiple sources
I'm sorry if this has been covered in the past, but I did a bit of searching and found nothing.

Some people might not find the immediate use in this, but I'm wondering how XBMC might handle a particular library item with multiple sources on the network. For instance if I have Movie A in two distinct locations on my network sources and chose to add them to my library, it would come up as twice in my library. I'd much rather it have the ability to basically merge these two items and upon selecting it, a dialog opens that let's me pick a source (and perhaps there is also a context menu item of the sort with an option to select the first choice by default).

For those who want to know the use of such a thing, basically I'm working on automatically indexing internet video into my library via .strm files (there is an addon that does basically this, but I'm working with something else). The result would naturally give me some movies/episodes coming from multiple web sources and also there might be certain web content that I already have on a local source.

I don't know how difficult this would be to implement or it it might even be possible via the skin XML. I know I could create the dialog, but I'm not sure if I could intelligently hide list items. Perhaps there is a way to create it with stacked items, as I would have no problem renaming my local sources with CD1 and my scraped sources with CD2+.

Does anyone think this would be useful and, more importantly, does anyone know if this is already possible?
I think it it will add the movie twice if the movie is found twice.

If you only wanted to display you local content then you could make a smart playlist. The option "path" will probably be very useful.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
pseudo7 Wrote:I think it it will add the movie twice if the movie is found twice.
Yep, that's what I said.

Basically what I'm looking for is something similar to Boxee's functionality. When you click on a movie, it brings you to a dialog with multiple sources and a recommended source. How difficult would it be to implement something like that into XBMC?
SlyMaelstrom Wrote:Yep, that's what I said.

Basically what I'm looking for is something similar to Boxee's functionality. When you click on a movie, it brings you to a dialog with multiple sources and a recommended source. How difficult would it be to implement something like that into XBMC?

That would be a very nice feature! As another workaround, you can use the movie-sets funktion:

Source 1:
Quote:<movie>
<title>Avatar 480p @hotfile</title>
<set>Avatar</set>
</movie>

Source 2:
Quote:<movie>
<title>Avatar Extended 1080p @megaupload</title>
<set>Avatar</set>
</movie>

not the best way, but works..
Another Idea:
I use stream files (.strm) with multiple sources in it, like for example
Home.2008.strm:

Quote:smb://user:bassword@NAS/Movies/Home.2008.DVDRip.XviD.DiVERSE/home.avi
http://rapidshare.com/files/192358961/Ho...1738129691
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/videos&amp;action=play_video&amp;videoid=Ux6w4efJ1q23

(note: to add stream files to the movie-library, you have to fix the source and compile your own xbmc, with series-episodes it works see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69882 )

When you play this stream file from file-mode, you can chose the source you want, but in library-mode the stream-file just starts playing from the beginning.
does anyone know how to fix that in the xbmc source code?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie/Episode at multiple sources0