Ipad how to change menu to the right
Hello,

I install XBMC on teh ipad but i have the mainpage scroll option in the middle
of the screen and not on the right side. How can i change that because i dont no how to scroll now trough movie, music........etc.

Thx
click one menu right of the center ... leave it with swipe left ... and then you should be able to layaway yourself to the right Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I like to create a custom keymap for my iOS devices by duplicating the keyboard.xml file and adding the following customization to the <home> section. This affects how swipe left and swipe right act at the homescreen. Allows me to swipe left and right to move the highlighted item.

Code:
<Home>
    <keyboard>
      <!-- SwipeLeft   -->    <backspace>Left</backspace>
      <!-- SwipeRight  -->    <tab>Right</tab>
    </keyboard>
  </Home>

Here's a zip file containing the keyboard.xml file with the modification mentioned above already added.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/415769/keyboard.xml.zip

Simply unzip it and upload it to your iPad.

It's important to log in as:

user: mobile
pass: alpine

Logging in as the mobile user instead of root ensure the proper permission is set whenever you add anything to the userdata directories.

Here is the path to the userdata directory. You need to upload your custom keymap file to the keymaps folder located at this path:

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/

Once you upload the keyboard.xml file there, bring up the multitask switcher to ensure that the XBMC application is not running in the background. Then launch XBMC and try swiping left and right. Should make navigating the homescreen much easier.

You can read this recent thread for even more nuggets of info on what you can do to make the whole XBMC experience on the iPad and iPhone better.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103609

Hope that helps some.
Thanks, I was confused about Apple TV while it is an Ipad but you gave me the solution. Thank you very much.

Jan Holleman
Sorry, I misspoke. Those instructions are actually for the iPad.
dazex Wrote:I like to create a custom keymap for my iOS devices by duplicating the keyboard.xml file and adding the following customization to the <home> section. This affects how swipe left and swipe right act at the homescreen. Allows me to swipe left and right to move the highlighted item.

Code:
<Home>
    <keyboard>
      <!-- SwipeLeft   -->    <backspace>Left</backspace>
      <!-- SwipeRight  -->    <tab>Right</tab>
    </keyboard>
  </Home>

Here's a zip file containing the keyboard.xml file with the modification mentioned above already added.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/415769/keyboard.xml.zip

Simply unzip it and upload it to your iPad.

It's important to log in as:

user: mobile
pass: alpine

Logging in as the mobile user instead of root ensure the proper permission is set whenever you add anything to the user directories.

Here is the path you need to upload your custom keymap file to:
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/

Once you upload the keyboard.xml file there, bring up the multitask switcher to ensure that the XBMC application is not running in the background. Then launch XBMC and try swiping left and right. Should make navigating the homescreen much easier.

You can read this recent thread for even more nuggets of info on what you can do to make the whole XBMC experience on the iPad and iPhone better.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103609

Hope that helps some.

Thanks dezex!
I got a functioning XBMC now on my IPad Yay!.

Much appreciate your hard work!
It is very nice what the people do and make.

Very nice and thank for the good and fast info.

Jan
How i can simulate the longer hold of menu button to use for music. Normaly i use with apple remote a button and keep it for 2 second and then i can scan all to library. How can i do this on Ipad
On the iPad, you doubletap to bring up the contextual menu.

So, if you added a music share. Doubletap on that share name and you'll see the menu pop up. Then you can select scan to library.
Thanks again a lot. How simple it can be.

Sorry

Jan
I try to improve the handling with touch devices to the ipad. For now the underlaying frameworks aren't supposed for beeing used on touch devices. I think of the following adaption:

1. swipe left/right will be treated as key left/right
2. swipe left/right with to fingers will be treated as backspace/tab (thats what the former one finger swipe left/right did)
3. swipe up/down with 2 fingers will be treated as page up/down (for faster scrolling)
4. zoom gesture (pulling to fingers together/apart will be treated as minus/plus - for zooming in pictures and changing volume e.x.)

Though this are only hacks and i think its not that easy to get it through into trunk - but i'll try for just making the touch devices usable for now...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That would be awesome if you can put something useable together. Whether or not it makes it into Trunk...I think it will be a welcome addition.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ipad how to change menu to the right0